What facial surgery do I need? I am 60 years old. (photos)

Don't like the lower face what can I have done to tighten and look fresher

What is the Best Age for a Facelift

A person’s age is best guessed by the appearance of their face. If you feel that your face does not reflect how young you feel inside, you may be a candidate for a facelift.
During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect.
If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives.
Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should consider the Lite-lift™. Like the Life-Style™ facelift, this is a modified facelift that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques that are discussed below. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.
The best candidates for #LiteLift are patients 35-60 years old with early changes of the lower face and the neck. Older patients who cannot or do not wish to have a longer operation or general anesthetic can be improved with a Lite Lift™.
Lite Lift™ surgery is individualized for each patient. The best candidates for Lite Lift™ surgery have a face and neck line beginning to sag, but whose skin has elasticity and whose bone structure is well defined and do not smoke.

Total facial rejuvenation

I would recommend a combination approach with a facelift/necklift including addressing the underlying SMAS.  This would improve your neck and jawline as well as your midface.  In order to maintain facial balance, you should consider at least a lower and possibly upper blepharoplasty.  Finally, you should begin a comprehensive skin care regimen with some type of retinoid product to help with skin texture, fine lines, and pigmentation.  I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. 

Brian A. Pinsky, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Good candidate for a composite rhytidectomy.

From the limited information in the photograph I think you would get neck some result from a full facelift. This will address problems beginning at the lower lids and extending to the clavicle. It's possible that some skin tightening by way of the CO2 laser around the eyes could be done concurrently for benefit.

Aging face

It appears from your photos that you are an ideal candidate for a properly performed face-neck lift and concomin-tant structural fat graft.  Of course only an in person evaluation can determine proper surgical plan. 

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

60 yo lower face

Interesting you wear a turtleneck for photos. Neck may be an issue for you. No question, you need  facelift (not a mini). You may wish upper and/or lower blepharoplasty. Possibly laser resurfacing around your mouth.

Christopher Kelly, MD
Aventura Plastic Surgeon

What facial surgery do I need? I am 60 years old.

Hi, based upon the attached photos, the eyes, face and neck show signs of aging.  The cheeks are a bit flat which makes the face appear elongated.  An upper and lower eyelid surgery, combined with a facelift that includes shaping of the cheeks would create a soft, more youthful and naturally attractive face.  This version of my facelift is a minimally invasive, short incision facelift that tightens the SMAS, shapes the cheeks and removes excess fat and skin from the face and neck.  Unlike more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, subperiosteal facelifts) this minimal incisions facelift has the following advantages and is my most popular facelift performed.

• Much smaller incisions
  • Minimally invasive = less tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling
  • Can be performed in 90 minutes or less
  • Can be done under local infiltration or with anesthesia
  • Has a rapid recovery measured in days, not weeks or months as with more invasive facelifts
  • Most patients fly home in as little as 3 days post Facelift
Hope this helps.

Lower face and neck lift at age 60

The photographs demonstrate  excess skin in the neck, face and jowls,  At age 60, a lower face and neck lift is required to tighten loose facial and neck skin, tighten the jowls, remove fatty deposits in the neck, and tightened facial and neck muscles and give a natural appearance. For many examples, please see the link and video below

Neck Lift

Hi there. Based on your photos and stated objectives, a neck and lower face-lift may be appropriate. Certainly, these are good options for improving the definition of the jaw and eliminating jowls. A fat transfer also often helps to soften the nasolabial folds and restore a youthful appearance to the face. There are many other options and it is best to arrange a clinical consultation with a Plastic Surgeon to discuss them in detail. Good luck!

What surgery do I need?

There are a number of options including face lifts, brow lifts, eyelid lifts, laser resurfacing and volume replacement with either your own fat or implants that may be of help.  You should consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns and the options available and the recovery course involved with each.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Neck Surgery

your photographs demonstrate an abundance of tissue accumulating beneath your jaw line. This is due to lack of elasticity of the skin as well as hanging of the muscle in the neck and an accumulation of fat below the chin. This is best treated with resuspension of the hanging components and elimination of the excess fat. The terms used  for this operation include neck lift, face lift, platysmoplasty, and  sub mental liposuction.  

while there certainly are noninvasive procedures that claim impressive results with the neck like yours, I believe only surgery will restore a youtful neckline. 

Philip J. Miller, MD, FACS