Does a lower face lift create a smile? (photo)

Mid face yes

so as the mid face deflates and descends the corner of the mouth sag giving a slightly sad and or slowly look. 

midface elevation or filling can upturn the corners of the mouth creating a happier look. Lower face will tighten the neck but not the corners of the mouth so not so much of a smile effect in my experience. 

Hope that helps

Adam Goodwin

Let's make you smile again

Dear barbarageorge

Thank you for your question. As people get out their skin loses elasticity so sagging and jowls will start to appear in the mid/lower face. This in turn can create a more downward smile as the muscles around the mouth are not as strong anymore. Facelifts can give you your smile back as the muscle is lifted and tighter which will smooth out your appearance and alleviate the jowls and sagging skin. With my pioneering treatment the Concept Facelift your can see the results the same day! I perform the facelift under local anaesthetic; so no overnight stays in hospital. There is also no need for bandages or drains and swelling and bruising is minimal. The downtime is 1 week and then you can resume normal activities. We also offer Crisalix 3D scanning so you can have an impression of what you can look like before even going under the knife!

I hope my answer helps and you find the procedure that is right for you. Take care and have an amazing Christmas!

About Facelifts and Candidates of the Procedure

A #facelift is a surgical procedure designed to remove the major folds and wrinkles that form on our faces with age. Gravity, sun damage, smoking, living in a dry climate, and a variety of factors contribute to the aging process of our faces. Facelift techniques vary from patient to patient to give each person a procedure tailored to produce the best possible surgical result. A facelift will smooth out major folds and #wrinkles, #tighten the tissues beneath your skin, remove #sagging and excess skin. A facelift can also reduce excess skin around the #neck and #jawline.
There is not just one facelift procedure, but a whole range of facelift procedures. These different techniques have been developed over the years, involving different incisions and lifting the skin to varying degrees. A facelift may also involve the tightening of certain muscles and tissues, or liposuction of areas such as the jowls or chin.
It is important to understand that facelifts are meant to remove major folds and wrinkles, not fine wrinkles. A facelift which removes every line and fold would be too aggressive and would result in an unnatural result. Fine lines and wrinkles are better addressed by skin treatments such as chemical peels or microdermabrasion, which we also offer at our office.

During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect.
If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives.

Does face lift create a smile

Yes, if correctly done it will always create a smile on a happy patient's face. You should schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with long experience in facial rejuvenation (face/neck lift, eye surgery) and discuss your options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon