Is there a way to see how many BBL's a doctor has really done? Are the surgeries public record? How can I verify the numbers?

You cannot determine this.  It is common for the numbers to be inflated.  However, surgeons know which surgeons are very busy and which surgeons are not.  For instance, one surgeon may perform 15 to 20 surgeries each week and may operate 3 to 5 days a week depending upon time of year, etc., and another surgeon may perform 1 surgery a week, if that.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I suggest you to get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, you can also check pages, websites or just get a personal consultation to provide pictures love..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Surgical records are not part of the public record and are the private property of the patients and doctors, themselves.   Further, doctors are strictly prohibited from divulging any information about any individual patient without their prior consent.  I am not aware of any way to legally verify the total number of surgeries a surgeon has performed.  To be honest, most surgeons don't keep a running total of surgeries performed.  Therefore, the number of surgeries a surgeon may tell you they have performed is an estimate, and, therefore, the number may be inflated.   This doesn't mean you can't assess the training and quality of your surgeon.    You should ask if your surgeon is board certified,by what medical board, are they on the staff of reputable hospitals in your area, and are they members, in good standing, of certain medical associations (ASPS, ASAPS, county & state medical societies, etc.)?  Also, ask if you can speak to a former patient, who has had a similar procedure.  This should go a long way in helping to assure you that your surgeon is qualified to preform your surgery.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Number of surgeries

The number of surgical procedures a surgeon has done is not public record. Most plastic surgeons performing BBL procedures are in private practice and those records are private. I have found that most surgeons overestimate the number of procedures they do in a year. For example some surgeons say they do 5 per week. If you do the math, that's about 250 BBLs per year, which doesn't leave much time for the surgeon to do any other type of procedures. I would try to look for as many before and after photos of BBLs by that surgeon and you will likely get a good idea of how many they do. Personally I feel doing one or two per week is a lot. Consult with a few plastic surgeons and hopefully you will get an honest answer.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Wanting ideal BBL results

if you are desiring to have the best results you should remember that the most dramatic results will be obtained by the surgeon who takes the most time to remove all of your fat; the limiting component to BBL is the amount of fat that can be transferred, so you should make sure that you and your surgeon tally up the amount of fat you have to transfer; if this volume is not enough, you may consider a butt implant as well.

Arian Mowlavi, MD