After CO2 treatment, how long should a person wait to have a facial, a peel?

Post CO2 laser maintenance procedures.... When should I start to do maintenance procedures?

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Maintenance is a must for the long lasting results of your CO2 laser. You can start the maintenance as soon as 3 months (enough time to heal the wounds. ) However, you may start considering it only until the skin is healed and ready to tolerate more trauma. 3-6 months after.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

On-Going Care Post CO2 Laser Treatment

Thank you for your post! Depending on the depth and power exerted by the machine used can drastically change the "right" answer to your question. The best advice I have for you is to rely on the physician (or provider) that performed your procedure. You're absolutely correct that on-going treatments and maintenance will improve your long term outcomes, and "protect your investment", but following up with your provider will allow you the correct time frame for this to occur. Some patients can safely begin treatment within 4-8 weeks post-procedure, while other patients require at least 6 months to recover and truly reap the benefits of any additional treatments. I hope this is helpful to you!

Be well,

Dr. Todd Hobgood, MD

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

The right combination after Co2--Clear + Brilliant, Fraxel, microneedling/prp

This would depend on your treatment and whether you've healed yet. I find that nonablative fractional laser (clear + brilliant/Fraxel) and microneedling/prp is better than peels and/or facials after Co2. I recommend following up with your Dr. about the best combination for you. Best, Dr. Emer.

It depends how deep your CO2 laser treatment was and how you healed. This is best answered by the preson who did your CO2 laser treatment. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS