What size of breast implant is needed? (Photos)

I have a BWD of 15cm, according to the measurements I did on myself (as seen in photo). What type of MemoryGel implant would I need to give me the results of the 'After' photos? Would the MemoryGel textured/smooth 600-650 High Profile (14-14.4 cm diameter with 5.6-5.7 cm projection) give me the width and projection that I want? I'm getting the full breast lift, and I don't want to regret getting to small and not getting what I like in the pictures. 40 more days until I have the mommy makeover!

Size

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the question and  I would put implants in a bra till you see the volume on your chest that you like.  Then let your surgeon pick the best diameter implant for you at that volume based on your measurements

Dr Corbin

What size of breast implant is needed?

The size you have selected may be reasonable based upon the information provided.  The diameter of the implant should be close to the width of your breast.

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Implant size?

I agree that you need a vertical approach mastopexy (lift) and a breast implant. If you are patient - the absolute best and most predictable result would be by staging the two procedures.   They can be done as close as 2 months apart.  Your scars will be far better and your final breast size would be extremely accurate if you size for your implants after the lift has settled. 

Your PS should be able to do sizing in the office to determine the best sized implants for your desired look.

I would suggest an SRX Inspira implant by Allergan.  It has great cleavage and great upper pole projection.  It will give you the "augmented" look that you are seeking. 

Scott K. M. Barr, MD, FRCSC, Plastic Surgeon

.barrplasticsurgery.com.

.

Scott Barr, MD
Sudbury Plastic Surgeon

What size of breast implant is needed?

It is very difficult to determine the best size you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implant

#breastimplant

Choosing an implant size is a matter of personal preference

The best way to determine the size that fits your personal perception of the perfect breast is to try on sizers. This way you can see how they fit on you, how they add to your current volume, and whether they fit your frame. Although the surgeon can guide you, only you will be able to tell what is the right size. Try on sizers.   HP implants, which are a more modern shape than moderate profile implants, fit most women better. They have a more appropriate base diameter for the average women's chest.  Mentor HP profile saline implants have base diameters that range from 8.8 cm (very narrow) to 13.8 cm (moderately wide).  The majority of women in my practice have base diameters in the 11 to 13 cm range.  The HP implants fit them well.  The moderate implants have much wider base diameters for the same volume (often in the 14 to 15.6 cm range).  These implants are too wide for most women that I treat.  So when the base diameter is measured and correlated with the diameter of the implant, it is most often necessary to use HP implants to achieve the volume the patient is requesting.  At the volume selected, my patient's base diameters are too small for moderate profile implants. Measuring a diameter and then telling the patient what volume they can have (in high, moderate or moderate plus implants) in my mind is backwards.  The patients should be allowed to choose the volume.  Then the surgeon carefully considers the base diameter, projection, profile, manufacturer, and fill material that will achieve the patients goals of size as well as qualitative look (natural, intermediate, or bold upper pole fullness or projection), all the while taking into consideration the patient's anatomic features that will affect the outcome. HP implants can be made to look very natural or very augmented, depending on where in the range the implants are filled to achieve a particular volume. At the low end of the fill range, HP implants do not have the upper pole fullness that most people associate with the fake look. On the other hand, a fake over-augmented look can be created with a moderate profile implant if it is overfilled (a common practice for surgeons that commonly use moderate profile implants). In addition, too wide an implant will put the volume past the anterior axillary fold, which in my opinion, looks more fake than upper pole fullness.  So there are many factors that need to be considered.  The experience of the surgeon and the degree to which they explain the options to you is of utmost importance.  Obviously all of my patients look at photographs and we evaluate the look they are desiring in great detail.  For me, high profile implants are the first choice. I rarely find an indication to use moderate or moderate plus implants. This does not make me a better surgeon, or a worse surgeon.  Look at the outcomes and judge for yourself.   The outcomes should stand on their own. The subtlety in the final outcome is not achieved by which profile implant is used, it is determined by the skill in the creation of the pocket, the choice of volume, and where in the range the implant is filled. Don't let the doctor tell you what would look good on you.  They cannot tell what you perceive to be the best size.

Implant sizing

Please be aware those pictures you provided of desired outcomes are completely different scenarios than your preoperative condition. Performing a lift with such large implants can significantly increased risks of skin necrosis, wound healing problems and nipple ischemia. If you really desire that large of implants a staged procedure doing a lift first with or without a more reasonable implant size and upsize to larger implants later. Hope this helps.

Josh Olson MD

A face to face consultation would be needed to determined your goal.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of mommy makeover and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.

600 -650cc breast implants

Just a word of caution. I understand you want large implants, but please consider that implants in this size range are very heavy and often lead to irreversible soft tissue damage, skin stretch deformities, chronic pain, capsular contracture, nipple numbness, etc. Please know that breast implants are not life long devices. They are unstable and can shift and become displaced requiring multiple revisions. Please visit the breast augmentation revision gallery on this site. Breast augmentation with vertical lifts do not last very long. There is nothing to support the implant other than skin. As you already know, skin is not strong enough to keep breasts in place. You will need to wear a strong supportive bra day and night to minimize implant displacement if you choose to follow through with your plan. I do hope you heed my warning and choose a smaller implant or simply undergo a breast lift without the vertical scar. Current breast lifting techniques no longer require breast implants for upper pole fullness. Attached is an example. No implants or vertical scar. 

Sincerely, 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

What size of implant is best for you?

this has to be answered definitely in consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. With a good examination, they can better assess the anticipated skin stretch and other changes. You should realize you are getting quite large implants and can expect tissue thinning and perhaps drooping over the years.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon