Perm solution to the upper lip that needs more pink showing underneath or a lip implant in the bottom of upper lip? (Photos)

Love my lip as far as the my Cupid's bow curve and the distance to my nose is great..don't want a lip lift & fear that an implant will round out my Cupid's bow/give me volume to the upper half. I took a picture pulling up just so that more pink underneath would show. That's where I am wondering if a v-y would be good but have heard terrible stories of scars or if there is a implant out there to increase the amount of pink that shows at the bottom of the lip. I hate injections. Gave me duck lips

Permalip Lip Implant

Thank you for your question. A lip lift is possible making the pink part of your upper lip bigger however this would not result in adding any volume.  If you wanted volume added to your lips, making them look plumped (essential the pink part again increasing) then Permalip Lip Implants are an amazing alternative. PermaLip™ are revolutionary lip implants that are designed to look and feel natural, yet enhance your lip volume to your desired size. It does not deflate, degrade or rupture over time. Although it’s permanent, it is designed for the ease of placement if a patient wishes to achieve a larger or smaller enhancement or even return to the lips original appearance. It does not limit lip movement and provides a natural look.Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve. All The Best  Tweet

Fear that an implant will round out my Cupid's bow/give me volume to the upper half.

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The upper lip can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.  The Permalip implant is placed along the lower portion of the lip and won't affect the Cupid's bow.  I have performed many V to Y advancements for lip augmentation but not for over 15 years.  In my opinion this is a rather outdated and specific procedure to correct asymmetry to a specific section of the lip that requires more red "show" to the lip.  Strictly speaking, the V to Y doesn't provide "true" volume to the lip but rather more show of the mucosa (red portion of the lip).  There are far better methods for augmenting the lips, namely dermal fillers or lip implants.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.