Does my nipple look normal 10 days post breast lift, no implants? (Photo)

Okay had a anchor breast lift September 2nd. My dr advised to remove steri strips 10 days post. Well here I am today. It looks like the right is lifting from the actual breast tissue a bit. My areola also has irregular shape on the right compared to the left. It is also slightly darker so maybe my healing isn't going as well on the right vs left. I will attach a picture of both sides (I also did text my surgeon and he didn't ask for pics, just said it sounds like swelling)

Normal progression

This is a normal appearance for this type of breast lift at this time after the surgical procedure.  Be patient.

Is my nipple healing after breast lift surgery?

You are still in the very early stages of your post operative recovery and its normal for lumps, bumps and differences in size, shape and sensation to be present.  Things often look a little alarming at this stage and heal well over time.  Be patient and continue to closely follow your surgeons post operative guidelines.

Nipple 10 Days Post-Op

The surgery is intended create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height. I prefer to  use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.

All surgical procedures carry some degree of risk. Any breast operation can result in changes in sensation. This happens less with lifts than reductions but is still possible. Occasionally, minor complications occur and do not affect the surgical outcome. Major complications associated with this procedure are rare. The suitability of the breast lift procedure and specific risks may be determined during your consultation.

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem.  The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”.  These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

While you are early in the healing process there is always the potential that there may be a problem with your incision or scars. If you are worried at all it is best that you visit your surgeon for an examination to make sure that healing is going well.

Is my nipple areola normal after surgery?

Hi Kmagee,   Thanks for your question and photos. Based on the photos they appear perfectly normal. Nothing abnormal but I can not say about the lower part because of the steri strips. The nipples look different after surgery due to the healing process and sometimes more needing to be done on one side compared to the other side. Please be patient and continue to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. I would recommend using silicone once the strips come off. Good Luck! All the best,  Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Healing after a breast lift

There are often many concerns about healing after any type of surgery. It does not seem like there is anything especially out of the ordinary with your healing, given the photograph. Usually, it just takes time for everything to fall into place and look much less concerning.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Nipple Changes after Breast Lift

Hello and thank you for sharing your questions and photos on RealSelf.First word of advice is to see your doctor asap if you think there is an issue.  Doctors who answer questions on this website will always give that advice if someone is having or thinks they are having problems.  I always see my patients whenever needed if they have concerns.  That being stated, it seems that your right nipple/areola is ok.  The 'lifting' at the border of the areola is only from swelling and will settle down eventually.  The color on the right also seems normal (this is where a visit to your doctor would be important).  Not unusual to have each nipple/areola be a bit different in color in the beginning.  Probably a bit more swelling on one side.
Call your doctor today and discuss again your concerns.Dr Spies

Robert J. Spies, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon

Nipple appearance after breast lift

From the pictures you have provided your nipple appears normal at this early stage of healing. This will continue to improve slowly and may take 2 to 3 months to achieve it is final appearance. Best wishes.