Does my breast need to settle or are the different size implants causing the unevenness? (Photos)

My doctor placed a 275 and 300mp But when I put on a bra I have a gap on one side and they look different sizes naked. He showed a photo that looked good on the table. But Now they have dropped both seem to be different. I'm 2 weeks post op.

Does my breast need to settle or are the different size implants causing the unevenness?

Thank you for your question. You are in the early phase of healing. They will continue to change in the several coming weeks. Please be patient and follow instructions from your PS and reevaluate in 3 months.

Early

Hello, it's still a bit early to make overall judgement. I would wait at least 3 months or so before looking to critically at the result. You will most likely have changes that will occur during that time that will change the final appearance. Good Luck.

Uneven breasts

Generally speaking, especially early in the post-operative phase of healing, it is not uncommon to have one or both implants appear to be high up by the clavicle. Although the “pocket” may be made correctly, the implant may not have access to the bottom for several reasons. If the overlying muscle or skin is tight, this will move the implant to the path of least resistance which is up and towards the underarm where there is little or no pressure. As the pressure relaxes, the implant will drop down to the bottom. Smooth implants, because their surface is slippery, may move faster downward than a textured implant with its rough surface. Because these variables mentioned above can be different for each side, it's not uncommon that one side will drop faster to the bottom of the pocket than the other. Similarly, sometimes one breast will swell more than the other or be more painful than the other early in the postoperative phase. After the first month or two, usually things will even out. It wouldn't be, in my practice, until four months or so has passed that I would entertain going back to the operating room to “touch up” the location of the breast implant in the pocket. Sometimes specialized bras or straps as well as massage and stretching protocols may be helpful in allowing this process to happen more quickly. Each plastic surgeon will have different thoughts on what the best protocol is for the patient. Your operating plastic surgeon will be your best resource to have this information passed on to you. I recommend that you faithfully follow up and follow the instructions of your chosen plastic surgeon. Congratulations on your surgery, and good luck on an uneventful recovery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

You are still early in recovery and it is too early to make a judgment about your asymmetry.  Please wait 3 months for the swelling to go down to see if you look more symmetrical which I assume you will.  Vascular plastic surgeon about breast implant displacement exercises.

Uneveness post op

Thank you for your questions and photos.  You're still in the early healing phases and will continue to see improvement.  I would recommend that you continue to have patience and follow up with your surgeon as scheduled.  Best Wishes!

Jamie Moenster, DO
Tucson Plastic Surgeon