How much does a breast implant removal & breast lift cost in one procedure?

I am so tired of my breast implants and would like them removed. I also would like a breast lift done in the same procedure. What's the average price to get something like this done? Thank you!

Thank you for the question. When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon.  I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Ultimately, you will need to feel comfortable that your chosen plastic surgeon has the experience and ability to achieve the outcome you will be pleased with.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.   I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.  I hope this, and the attached link/video, helps.

Thank you so much for the question. I do a lot of this procedure for patients. I think as you can see that it is so so hard to provide a figure for you because every patients needs are so different. The more needed the more time in the operating room and that affects overall price. I would suggest that you just see a board certified plastic surgeon like us and get an opinion from the surgeon and then go from there. Education is free so just meet with someone and figure out what you really need. I hope this helps. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Breast implant removal and lift cost

Thank you for asking. This depends on the amount of lifting and time for anesthesia that you need. It will also depend on the type of capsule needs of your breast. See a board certified plastic surgeon who can accurately assess you first and then guide you on your needs. This is a common procedure and request. Best wishes!

Cost

The cost will vary with location and the surgeon. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and discussing all your concerns.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon