Abdomen has lumps after lipo. Any treatments to create a smooth appearance?
Doctor Answers 4
Lumps or skin after body sculpting
Hi DCM2016,Thanks for your question. Photos would certainly help in your assessment. Liposuction is body shaping procedure. Sometimes have lumps after surgery is normal and is not problematic unless they become visible. I would recommend aggressive massage. It can be that you still have fat that needs to be removed or it can be sagging skin. You need an in person examination to know what the underlying cause as treatment options vary based on the cause of the lumps. See your plastic surgeons and see what their recommendations are. Good Luck!
All the best,
Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- HI DEFINITION REVISION
Lumps after Lipo
You might also like...
Liposuction - how to smooth a lumpy result?
- Congratulations on being so fit and trim.
- Lumpiness is the most common problem after liposuction.
- If there is residual fat, a small cannula, in office liposuction may correct it.
- But if you had laser liposuction and all the fat is gone, treatment is very difficult.
- Can you post a photo? If not, consider returning to your plastic surgeon to discuss what can be done.
- If you were not treated by a plastic surgeon originally, please see one now.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.