Abdomen has lumps after lipo. Any treatments to create a smooth appearance?

I had liposuction on my torso area approximately 10 mos ago. I am fit, toned, and have less than 23 BMI; female, over 40, active, athletic.

Lumps or skin after body sculpting

Hi DCM2016,Thanks for your question. Photos would certainly help in your assessment. Liposuction is body shaping procedure. Sometimes have lumps after surgery is normal and is not problematic unless they become visible. I would recommend aggressive massage. It can be that you still have fat that needs to be removed or it can be sagging skin. You need an in person examination to know what the underlying cause as treatment options vary based on the cause of the lumps. See your plastic surgeons and see what their recommendations are. Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

@bodySculpting @LumpsandBumps

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- HI DEFINITION REVISION

Please post photos for further evaluation. Lumps/bumps after liposuction is  common unfortunately, but may require revision. Non invasive treatments may help such as vanquish and cellutone. but I suggest seeing a vaser HI definition sculpting physician who can evaluate what type of procedure is needed and if revision and fat grafting are needed.  Best, Dr. Emer

Lumps after Lipo

Thank you for your question.  It's difficult to make a good assessment without an in-person exam and/or photos, but it sound like you have a contour deformity.  A lump or bump after liposuction is the most common complication.  Occasionally a touch up in the office can correct the lumps and bumps.  I recommend you see you surgeon for an evaluation.Best Wishes!

Jamie Moenster, DO
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction - how to smooth a lumpy result?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Congratulations on being so fit and trim.
  • Lumpiness is the most common problem after liposuction.
  • If there is residual fat, a small cannula, in office liposuction may correct it.
  • But if you had laser liposuction and all the fat is gone, treatment is very difficult.
  • Can you post a photo? If not, consider returning to your plastic surgeon to discuss what can be done.
  • If you were not treated by a plastic surgeon originally, please see one now.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS