5'4 107lbs 12.3 Breast width. Looking for a full C cup. Will it give me a fake look?

I'm 5'4 107lbs with 12.3 Breast width Acup. My doctor said I have lower upper tissues and suggested I stay in 300MP-325HPcc range. I am trying to determine if I should go High Profile or Mod +. Will I get a fake look with the HP? I would really like to be a C cup.

Breast Implant Sizing

No one can guarantee a cup size based on an implant size or profile. It is not a good way to communicate your goals. In office sizing in front of a mirror can help you determine how you actually will look, not a bra you'll wear.  'Fake' or 'natural' are subjective terms that can mean different things to different people, however the larger the implant and higher the profile, the 'faker' the look.

Will my breast augmentation give me a C cup?

Appreciate your information, however, it never truly replaces an in-person consultation. First of all, there's lots of variability between brands and stores of bra cup sizes. Although it does appear from your description that a C cup is reasonable, exact predictions across the board are difficult to make. High-profile does not necessarily predict an artificial look although, depending on the body canvas can lead to a more unnatural result. Apologize for the uncommitted response but it truly reflects the lack of a personal medical evaluation. Good luck in your journey!

Sean T. Lille, MD

Choosing Your Implant Size

The breast Implant sizes which fit you best will be determined by your measurements, including base width. There are likely moderate and high profile options that you can choose from, depending on the size and projection that you want. My patients find it helpful to try on implant sizers with a form-fitting T-Shirt in order to get an idea of how they will look. It is not possible to accurately predict cup size as bra manufacturers have no standard for sizing. I recommend that you choose based on the look that you are most comfortable with.

All the best

Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. A preoperative sizing kit is helpful in my practice. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.  The measurements and implant size/projection are certainly reasonable.  It would be easier to see photos or an examination before full suggestions could be given to your desires. But, this implant is one of many choices. 

Hope that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Breast Implant Size and Placement

Factors which contribute to the outcome of Breast Augmentation are #size, #shape, and #profile. The #profile is determined by the amount of #projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the #size of the implant and size of your chest. Also, the placement or incision location will also have an effect on profile.
This may also provide some insight. If a woman wears a size 36 AB bra and would like to be a C cup, which is the average size that women wear and the average size bra that is sold, she needs a volume of approximately 350 to 390 cc to make that change. This becomes less if she's wearing a 34 bra, because it has a smaller strap size and the cups have a smaller diameter. A smaller diameter implant would then be a volume of approximately 300 to 350 cc. In the same way if she was more petite, maybe a double zero or size one and wore a 32 AB bra, then to become a 32C cup she would only require about 250 to 300 cc. The profile is determined by the amount of projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the size of the implant and size of your chest.

As much as it's important to know what size bra you currently wear, the strap size is important to know as well. It affects the diameter of the cup and subsequently the diameter of the #breast implant that you choose. In my practice, about 15-20% of the patients are good candidates for silicone #shapedimplants.

#Subpectoral or #submuscular implants refer to placement under the muscle which still remains the most common placement in the United States. #Submammary or #subglandular implants are the placement under the breast tissue in front of the muscle. This tends to more common in Europe and South America. General guidelines suggest that women with larger drooping (ptosis) breasts that do not want a breast lift often have the implant placed above the muscle, although another option, #DualPlane, has become more popular. In the Dual Plane method, the implant is placed under the pectoralis muscle but the breast tissue is also release, in part, from the muscle. Those patients with minimal breast tissue should usually have the implant placed beneath the pectoralis muscle for more soft tissue padding.

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Profiles and look

Using a high profile implant will not make your breast look fake, if the implant is placed in a dual plane. 12.3 cm of BWD I would use high or even SH profile.

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

Will I be a c cup with 300cc implants?

Thanks so much for your question.  It's difficult to be 100% sure without photos or a physical exam.  However, in general, the larger volume implants will have wider base diameter. So as you go up in size you may reach a point where you need a high profile to have less base diameter. Moderate plus are wider than the same volume in a high profile.  So as you go up in volume you may find that the moderate plus are too wide for your chest.  That's the point where you need to switch to the same volume In a high profile implant.  Otherwise the implant will be one too wide and the extra width may be too far lateral or medial (usually lateral).  Hope this helps.  Good luck. 

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Moderate plus or High profile breast implants

Thank you for sharing. There are a number of issues that go into deciding what implant to select. Your body's characteristics and your goals should fit to match. In general most of my patients who want a less accentuated look choose moderate plus. Show pictures to your board certified PS. That could help guide the communication.  Best wishes!

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.