Who to Ask in Getting Evaluation for Scar Revision?

I have alot of scars all over my body. I'm kinda nervous. I want to talk to someone about it, explain it to me. How much pain will there be and the healing process?

Doctor Answers 4

Treating scars all over the body

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your scars should be assessed by a specialist physician in the skin: a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. They will decide based on the type of scar (there are so many types), which treatment is safest, and what the risks would be along with the cost of treatment.

Thankfully, these days we have numerous safe & effective treatment options.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Scars on body

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The two best specialists to discuss treatment options for unsightly scars on your body are dermatologists or plastic surgeons. Scars are often difficult to treat and there are many creams that do not work. I would suggest an evaluation before spending any money for creams and see what options, surgical or medical, are available.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Evaluation for scar revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I agree with Dr Aldea remarks. Why do you have all these scars? Why are you nervous?These are concerns for any surgeon as part of a complete medical history. Please obtain the means to address these issues.

Scar Evaluation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You do not disclose WHY you have so many scars all over your body. If this is an emotionally related issue you really should consult with a mental health professional BEFORE seeking correction. Otherwise, I would consuilt with a Plastic surgeon. You can find a directory at www.PlasticSurgery.org

Good Luck.

Peter A. Aldea, MD
Memphis Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.