Would my wrinkles disappear completely with the use of botox?

Hello. At the moment I am 23 years old. I have very fine lines on my forehead (anger lines and horizontal) which you can only See when i stand really close to a mirror or looking into a magnafying mirror but they still bother me. So i thought about trying out botox for the very first time. My question is if it's possible to make my Lines completely invisible as they Are very fine still or if they would just "fade a little" but i would still See them if you look closely? Thank you.

Botox®/Dysport® Treatments

Good Afternoon and thank you for your question. Botox® is an excellent option to smooth fine lines and facial wrinkles. The amount of product used as well as the age of the patient would be a determining factor of the results that one would achieve. In your case of being in your early 20’s it sounds like you would be a good candidate for the procedure.  The great thing about Botox® is that you can tailor the amount of units needed per patient.  It’s always best to consult with certified injector to ensure prior to any treatment to ensure you will receive your desired results.  Best of luck to you!

Miami Physician

Wrinkles May Disappear With Botox

Botox will relax the muscles underneath the skin that are causing your wrinkles. In most cases, that will smooth out and soften the wrinkle considerably so it will not be visible. This will depend partly on your skin type and quality. Consulting with a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon will give you the answer you need. I hope this helps.

Botox Patient Expectations

Thank you very much for your question.  This is a common question asked by patients.  Botox is designed to help lessen the appearance of dynamic lines (those which appear when you move your facial muscles).  Static line, which appear when your face is at rest, may best be corrected with injectable fillers.  Every patient is unique, as such, the treatments best suited for you are best determined by a consultation with a board certified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon.  Please make certain whom ever you seek consultation from has the appropriate training and board certification and good luck.

Jonathan Landon, MD
West Islip General Surgeon

Botox expectations

what I tell my patients is this.  Picture a fresh clean piece of paper.  Now fold it in half and form a crease.  Now unfold the paper and straighten out as well as U can.  U can always see a hint of where the crease or the line once was.  The fact that you are so young and the lines are not so sharp or deep, you have a great chance that these lines will greatly disappear.   Good prophylaxis

Vern Reynolds, DO
Columbus Anesthesiologist

Could my lines disappear

Good questions.  Given your age and the description of your lines, you are likely a fabulous candidate for Botox.  Seek care from a qualified injector.  Best of luck.

Hello, and thanks for your question. This would depend on the amount of Botox used. Most of my patients prefer to have their lines softened as opposed to looking "frozen," but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox works by temporary paralysis of the underlying muscles and its role for treatment of fine wrinkles versus deep wrinkles has variable efficacy as the laxity and aging of the skin also plays a role overlying those muscles. Thus, the best way to know how effective it is for you is probably to just give it a try and see how you like the results. 

Jacob Sedgh, MD

Would my wrinkles disappear completely?

Hi and thanks for your question. People can and do use Botox for prevention of deeper lines. If you start early the fine lines will not evolve to deep lines. Still, nothing is 100% for any correction and your face does need expression. Good luck.

Botox results

Based on your description of your lines and wrinkles, I think you would be extremely satisfied with Botox treatment. I recommend you see an experienced injector.

You're likely to have great results

Given your age, you're likely to have really great results with close elimination of lines. However, it may take a few times to adjust the amount of Botox you need to obtain the results you want. Best of luck!