Is the shape of the down part of my boob going to change? Looks so "flat" and not a natural soft curve. 5 weeks post op (Photo)

Don't know of I can be clear since english is not my mother language, but I think that the shape of my boobs is really weird... they are not curvy, they are like flat and then comes up. I've been at my doc already and he said is normal. I don't like it, looks not natural at all. Is this normal? All the pictures I see from girls looks round and curvy, not flat and then up. I have natrelle 410, 410cc, under, 5 weeks and I made my surgery in germany.

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation/ Cohesive Gel Implants / Silicone Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

I advise my patients to wait a good 3-4 months to see their final shape to allow all the swelling to resolve and to let the implants drop and settle some. Best to just let your body heal and re-evaluate your results in a couple of months. Good luck!

Portion of Breast Looking Flat 5 Weeks After Breast Augmentation #breastaugmentationseattle

• 5 weeks after a breast augmentation is still much too early to see your final results!
  • With time your breast implants will settle into place, and most likely this area of flatness will actually round out.
  • Be patient, and you'll likely love your final results which you won't see for MONTHS.
  • Thanks for sharing!

5 weeks post op is my shape going to change

You are very early post op,  please give yourself 3-6 months and then reevaluate,  it way to soon to appreciate a "final result".    Good Luck

Richard Rosenblum, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Is the shape of the down part of my boob going to change?

You have a very good result at this point. Five weeks post surgery from what appears to be a submuscular primary breast augmentation is not a long time.  You will settle and stretch for 6 months to a year after surgery.  Best to follow the massage protocol recommend by your plastic surgeon, and let time correct the issue.  It is impossible to say for certain whether it will round out fully or not, however the form stable 410 implant is a good implant that tends to maintain a good shape.  

Michel C. Samson, MD
Daytona Beach Plastic Surgeon

GIVE IT TIME

It may or may not change to your satisfaction,but give it a few months to find out. The shape and density of your original breast is the best indicator.

If severe fibrocystic breasts are the problem, fat injections may be an option.

But those are nice looking breasts so far.  Remember the enemy of Good is Perfect.
Seeking perfection can ruin a good result.

Luis Villar, MD, FACS

Shape is weird

Without your preoperative photograph to compare to, it's hard to comment on what part of the shape is intrinsic to your breast and what part is due to an implant. In my eye, the result that you show looks quite good for five weeks out. The shape is pleasing,and not a tremendous amount of upper pole fullness, and the implant seems to be positioned perfectly. I would speak with your plastic surgeon and try to show he or she in photography compared to the preoperative one just what you're seeing. It may be that breast implants alone cannot give you the shape you want. In those cases, I do what I call a hybrid breast augmentation, where we not only place an implant, we sculpt the shape of the breasts with fat grafting. Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast Implants. Post op five weeks. Is the shape okay?

It takes anywhere from three to six months for your skin and breast tissue to accomodate your new breast implant. During this time you may witness several daily changes that may cause concern. 
Dont be worried. Theses are normal postoperative changes all related to the healing process. 
Capsular contracture may occur. This is the body response to implants. In some cases this may impede the natural descent of the breast implant if the capsule becomes thickened. Consult your doctor for the appropriate preventative therapies( massage,etc)

Nick Masri, MD

Is the shape of the down part of my boob going to change? Looks so "flat" and not a natural soft curve. 5 weeks post op

They will look more curvey and normal in another 2 months. Ask your surgeon about breast implant displacement exercises which will help.

Breast implants - don't look right at 5 weeks

Thank you for your question about your breast implants.

• Your implants are probably under the muscle
  • It can take a long time for implants to settle into place 
  • Usually between 6 weeks to 3, even 6 months.
  • See your surgeon regularly -
  • If the implants do not settle, you will need a revision but it is much too early now.
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS