Is it normal that I can move HA?

Hello, Two months ago I got 1ml of the HA filler "Uma Jeunesse Ultra" injected into my lips. A few days ago I noticed a very small bump in the area between my top lip and my nose (ca 1cm away from the lip contour). I stretched my lips and pushed it: It was a bump of the filler that moved back into my top lip! I could feel it "floating" back; the bump was gone. So when I smile or talk the filler gets back from lip to bump area. Is that normal?! After injection I felt a lot of pain in the area. Thank you!

Lip

Not sure exactly what is going on here but yes occasionally a filler can be displaced by muscular activity. I suggest you discuss the potential use of hyaluronidase with your dermatologist.

London Dermatologist

HA filler bump

You should have the provider who did your injections examine you.  If the bump is a collection of filler, it can be dissolved with a small injection of hyaluronidase and a little steroid.  The lips can then be re-assessed, and if needed, re-injected.

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon