Is it normal that I can move HA?

Hello, Two months ago I got 1ml of the HA filler "Uma Jeunesse Ultra" injected into my lips. A few days ago I noticed a very small bump in the area between my top lip and my nose (ca 1cm away from the lip contour). I stretched my lips and pushed it: It was a bump of the filler that moved back into my top lip! I could feel it "floating" back; the bump was gone. So when I smile or talk the filler gets back from lip to bump area. Is that normal?! After injection I felt a lot of pain in the area. Thank you!

Lip

Not sure exactly what is going on here but yes occasionally a filler can be displaced by muscular activity. I suggest you discuss the potential use of hyaluronidase with your dermatologist.

London Dermatologist

Lip

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

London Dermatologist

HA filler bump

You should have the provider who did your injections examine you.  If the bump is a collection of filler, it can be dissolved with a small injection of hyaluronidase and a little steroid.  The lips can then be re-assessed, and if needed, re-injected.

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon

HA filler bump

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon