Is my nipple looking normal?

4 days ago I had surgery right under my nipple to get rid of breast tissue due to a lump (i am a male) and now it is about 1/5th blue plus my chest being bruised. Furthermore there are 2 or 3 very puss filled bumps on the areola. The stitches are still in and are right and bottom line of the areola. I am just scared.

What to Expect After Your Gynecomastia Surgery

It's difficult to determine withour photos or an in-person consulation. However, your #incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Healing Issues

Thank you for your question. Based on you description, it sounds like you may be having some healing issues or possibly an infection.  It is more appropriate for you to contact your surgeon to be evaluation at this time. Best wishes on your recovery.

Normal looking nipple after surgery

Thank you for posting your concerns. I do not see a picture attached to your post, which would be helpful. Depending on the size and severity of the lump, it isn't unreasonable to have bruising after surgery. You are only 4 days post-op - bruising tends to get worse before it gets better - The puss filled bumps sound like a result of the suturing, but again it's hard to know without a picture or more information. 

If you are concerned, it's important to see your plastic surgeon so he/she can determine if anything out of the ordinary is going on. 

Male breast

You are describing an infection possibly. To be on the safe side, see your surgeon for proper diagnosis and treatment