How many ml of Botox or fillers would I need? (Photo)

I have fine lines or small wrinkles on my forehead. The picture quality isn't that good but I think you can see them. They are a more promiment than in the pictures. I wouldn't like them to get deeper. How much will it last? My skin is red because I've been using retinol. Thank you in advance for your answers.

Botos for the forehead

Thank you for your question blonds. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression such as the horizontal lines seen on the forehead when one raises the brows. Botox dosing goes by units. For my patients I use anywhere from 8 to 20 units in the upper forehead area. This depends on the size of the forehead and extent of the wrinkles both at rest and when raising the brows. Fillers are generally not used in this area. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Botox

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox.
Botox will help soften fine lines and help prevent them from becoming worse in the future. Usually 20-25 units to start out with, and it will last about 3-4 months. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox for forhead wrinkles

Thank you for sharing your photo and question. It looks like 25 units of Botox would be required to treat your horizontal forhead lines. Make sure to seek the help of a board-certified experienced injector. Good luck.

Botox for wrinkles

I think that you are better helped by using Botox in your forehead area and not a filler. For the forehead is usually around 20 units. For the glabella is between 15-20 units. Please consult with a board certified facial Plastic Surgeon.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Forehead

Botox for the forehead usually requires 15-20 units; I typically also recommend 20-30 units of botox for the glabella as well which is the area between the eyebrows.  Doing both areas together is better and will result in a better treatment for your forehead.