When will a lump after Juvederm disappear?

8 months have passed since I had hyaluronic fillers done in nasolabial folds and around mouth corners. Due to the injection near the mouth corner there appeared A visible discoloured (light) lump. I had hylaronidase injection done twice but it made no changes. After sports activities a lump becomes more visible - pale. What is that? When will it disappear?

Juvederm injections

If the visible color is blue, the Juvederm may be too superficial and the hyaluronidase may have been injected too deeply.  A more superficial injection of hyaluronidase should dissolve it.

Toronto Dermatologist

Lump after Juvederm injection

It is unusual for Juvederm, a hyaluronic acid based filler, not to respond to hyaluronidase injection. It sounds like the lump is definitely related to the Juvederm, with the discoloration representing Tyndall if it is bluish colored. I recommend you see another physician for a 2nd opinion.

Lump remains 8 months after injection

It is unusual to not respond to hyaluronidase. I would seek out another opinion. It sounds like it is residual Juvederm that needs removal. I can take up to 12-18 months for the Juvederm to go away on its own.

Steven F. Weiner, MD