Juvederm done over 18 months ago and the product is still there. Should I worry?

I've had Juvederm injected in my lips, nasolabial folds (twice) and under the eyes in the tearthrough area. My Dr. is a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience. However, I am a bit concerned: the most recent injections were done over 18 months ago and the product is still there. Especially concerning is a string of product I can feel in my nasolabial fold, right next to nose. Could it be the result of collagen or trauma?

JUVÉDERM® results can vary from person to person.

Although on average, the results from JUVÉDERM® injections typically last 6 to 9 months, some men and women have reported still noticing results over a year later. Because so many factors can contribute to how long your results will last, and because everyone’s body responds to injections slightly differently, it’s important that you continue to voice your concerns to your provider. If you’re still concerned, seeking a second opinion from a reputable cosmetic surgeon is another option you might consider. In general, however, I wouldn’t worry about the results still being noticeable unless you’re experiencing adverse reactions.

New York General Surgeon

Dermal filler duration

As long as you are still happy with the appearance then there is nothing to be concerned about.  The product will continue to break down over time.  Otherwise you can return to your plastic surgeon and have the product dissolved. 

Juvederm and Longevity of Product

Depending on which product was injected, you could have Juvederm still remaining after 18 months.  If you do not like the results then you can easily have them dissolved with Vitrase.  Best, Dr. Green

Juvederm and duration

Yes, Juvederm does last that long. Depending on the country, Juvederm comes in different forms. Voluma JUVEDERM lasts the longest- close to 2 years, followed by Volift at 18 months, and Volbella at 12 + months. 
These are just averages, and I have seen fillers last over 3 years!

You do not need to be concerned, as there is a variability of the duration of Juvederm fillers from person to person. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Juvederm can be long lasting

I have seen Juvederm last for years depending on the area of the face, it can last a long time under the eyes.  You can certainly ask your doctor, but there is no danger to Juvederm lasting a long time, it is a natural product made of hyaluronic acid.  If it is not looking good, Juvederm is reversible with hyaluronidase injections. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologic Surgeon

Long lasting juvederm

For some people the HA fillers can last a long time.  As long as it looks good you should be happy.  Some patients also seem to get some new collagen production so that the area looks better long term.  As long as you can't see  visible lumps of Juvederm or have edema in the lids then I would leave it alone.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon