I had a surgery 4 days ago now and today I've noticed that my left labia was bleeding a Little Bit? Extremely worried (Photo)

I had a surgery 4 days ago now and Today Ive noticed that my left labia was bleedingLittle Bit im worried that my surgical suture is Open but it wasnt that much just a Little Bit now it has stopped. I'll visit my doctor on monday but im really worried cant stop thinking about it . Feeling so Bad

Labiaplasty and bleeding

Hello,It is not uncommon to experience bleeding or spotting a few days after surgery. It is usually due to inadvertent trauma or rubbing during sleep, ambulation, or other activity.  Usually the bleeding resolves with pressure and a separated or wounded region heals spontaneously. Consult with your surgeon to ensure proper communication and management.Regards,Dr. Pedy Ganchi                                                                                                                                                      Village Plastic Surgery

Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Post-Op Labiaplasty Bleeding

It is hopefully all better if you have been to see your surgeon to have the area evaluated, but here is some basic information provided to our patients about post-operative healing:Swelling after #Labiaplasty is usually present for several weeks.  It’s possible that swelling can persist for two or three months. Firmness of tissue can remain for 4-6 months. Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery.  The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks.  This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of bruising and they way in which your body heals. Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help.  Direct massage may be useful for swelling as well. So, anything that you find uncomfortable you should be able to help treat very well, and then contact your surgeon with any additional questions or concerns. Best of luck to you and I hope everything has improved greatly!

Labiaplasty

Thank you for your question and photograph.Try not to worry or feel bad. A little bleeding can be common after a labiaplasty. The good thing is that it was only a little amount and it has stopped, I would only begin to express concern if it was an excessive or continuous amount of blood or was bleeding more than before. Seeing as you are having your surgeon exam it on Monday, I would just try to stay calm and follow your aftercare instructions until then. 
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

4 days post op

Bleeding 4 days post surgeries not that big of a deal.  Put pressure on the area.  If it continues to bleed contact your surgeon.

Probably OK

Four days after labiaplasty, it is not uncommon to have trace amounts of bleeding.  Since you state that it has stopped now and your photo shows no signs of bleeding or separation of incisions, I feel fairly confident telling you to just wait until your appointment on Monday.  Follow all your surgeon's instructions and express your concerns at your follow-up visit.  Until then, as long as you are not having increasing pain, redness, discharge, or wound separation, then likely everything is healing as expected.

Labiaplasty: Postoperative Bleeding

Thank you for your question and sharing your photographs.  I am sorry to hear about your bleeding.  It is challenging to evaluate your condition without photographs, but some bleeding can occur immediately postoperatively.  I would recommend contacting the surgeon who performed the surgery.  If the stitches did open up and the tissue did separate then a secondary surgery may be necessary.  Best of luck.    

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist

I had surgery 4 days ago now and today I've noticed that my left labia was bleeding a little bit. Extremely worried

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your surgery.  I am sorry that this bit of bleeding has caused you to feel bad and be stressed out, but unfortunately without an in-person examination or full series of photographs, it is difficult to offer definite advice.  You may have had a suture break that allowed a small portion of the incision to open and have blood spotting but this does not mean your results will unravel or become worse.  It is important that you see your surgeon to voice your concerns for them to be able to examine your incision lines and ensure no significant wound healing issues are taking place. Hope this helps.