Heavy upper eyelid or brow ridge? (Photo)

Left picture is relaxed I dont like it at all I feel like the upper eyelids might be the issue but it might also be the brow ridge. Just talking about the eyes, I very much prefer their appearance in the right picture (eyebrows raised) as the crease is easily seen and balanced unlike the left where its only apparent on the outside. I wonder if surgery can make the crease look like in the right picture even when eyes are relaxed. Maybe you can tell me what the best option is in this case.

Heavy eyelids

Hello and thank you for your question.

Based on your photos you do appear to have some excess upper eyelid skin. As far as your brow position is concerned, it appears to be in a good position, however a physical exam would be needed to fully assess this. Assuming your brow is in good position, performing an upper eyelid blepharoplasty would remove the excess skin +/- muscle and create a rejuvenated, more refreshed appearance. This surgery can be performed by most surgeons under local anesthesia in an office based setting in about an hour. To truly assess whether or not you are a good candidate for this, make sure to seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon who has experience in this area.

Good luck.

Tampa Physician

Best option for heavy lids

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph. You have extra skin on the upper eyelids ( dermatochalasis) which can be easily improved with blepharoplasty. See an experienced oculoplastic surgeon for comprehensive evaluation and discussion of treatment plans.

Good luck, 

Blepharoplasty

From the pictures you provided it does appear that you have some excess upper eyelid skin. Your brows seem to be in good position so I would suggest a upper eyelid blepharoplasty for you. The blepharoplasty procedure is designed to remove excess skin and bagginess to achieve a youthful appearance.

Brett E. Stompro, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon