Do HA granulomas go away on their own?

Hello, 2 months ago I got a filler injected in my lips that is called "Uma Jeunesse Ultra". Now I have 3 granulomas in my lips that are pretty hard. One of them hurts a little. Will they go away by themselves by time? Or will they have to be excised? The filler contains 24mg HA per ml, crosslinked with BDDE, the crosslinking rate is 98% and the particle size 300 micrometres (?). Thank you!

Granulomas

Thanks for the question.  Generally, HA fillers are reabsorbed over time.  However, if you want speedier resolution, you may consult with a physician for options.  Dissolving the HA filler with hyaluronidase is one consideration.  If that is ineffective, I then consider making a small incision and trying to express the filler/granuloma out.  I suggest you consult with a plastic surgeon or dermatologist in your area.  Have a great day!

Pasadena Physician