Is is too early for me to complain about my uneven breast sizes three weeks after surgery? (Photo)

had my breast done three weeks ago, I have noticed that my right breast is smaller than my left one. I suggested to use two different silicone sizes ,but my doctor refused saying no two breast are the same. 320cc silicone implants was used, I am worried about my uneven breast sizes. I can't massage it because I chose to go with the teardrop implant . Any suggestions to what I should do? Thanks a lot

Uneven Breasts

The two #breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may #swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial #shape. Healing usually takes 2-3 months, but it may take up to a full year to see your final result. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new #implant. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of your #boardcertified plastic surgeon.

Uneven breast sizes

Hi Zaingas,

I  would suggest that you go see your plastic surgeon to discuss. The word "complain" might not be the correct word to use right now, but you might consider your visit to be more informative and get some reassurance . Sometimes swelling does not decrease at the same rate in both breasts. I agree with some of the other docs to give it some time. There is nothing wrong, however, about going to see your surgeon to let
him/her know that you are worried.
Hope this helps,
Dr. Christine Rodgers

Is is too early for me to complain about my uneven breast sizes three weeks after surgery?

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. Everyone heals at different rates so what you are experiencing is quite normal. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Asymmetry immediately after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question, and congratulations on your augmentation!  You look great - and I see what you are referring to with regards to your breasts being slightly different sizes, as they were pre-operatively.  I would advise waiting 3-6 months for all the swelling to resolve, the healing process to be completed, and you to become more used to your new breast size and shape.  At that point, you and your surgeon can evaluate and decide if there is still asymmetry that is bothersome to you, and if changing one of your implants would address the problem.  As your surgeon said, no 2 breasts are the same (sisters, not twins!), and volume is not the only thing that changes when you increase the size of an implant.  The shape, base width, and projection can all be altered -- sometimes these factors can be used to help improve symmetry between the breasts and sometimes not.  Best of luck with your continued recovery!  

Implant position

Thank you for your post and the photos. Yes, I think it is still too early to get worried about your results. As I look at your before photo, it looks like your Rt breast is a bit higher than the Lt anyway. Sometimes the augmentation process will highlight any differences, but in time, as you heal, it often gets better. Followup w/ your surgeon for the best advice. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Concerned about asymmetry

Hello, I would suggest waiting at least several months before making any judgements about your result.  After only 3 weeks there could still be asymmetrical swelling, plus the shape will change as the implants settle.

Breast are two different sizes

Hello! Thank you for your recent question and photos. Your surgeon is correct in saying no two breasts are alike or equal.  At this point you still have swelling and the implants need to settle in their pockets, therefor I would not judge the size or shape of your implants right now.  I recommend waiting 4-6 months to make a better judgment on the final outcome. Best of luck! 

Yes, it is because your breasts will change in shape over the next several weeks to months. I advise my patients to wait a good 4-6 months to see their final shape to allow all the swelling to resolve and to let the implants drop and settle some. Your surgeon is correct in saying no two breasts ever look the same and no two breasts ever heal at the same rate. At this point, just let your body heal. Good luck!

It takes time to heal after breast augmentation surgery.

You are recovering and healing and it takes time to see a final result. Please be sure to contact your board certified plastic surgeon wiht any and all post-operative questions. Best of luck! 

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Yes, it is too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed. I asked my patients to wait 3 to 6 months before doing so. Changes are inevitable; hopefully, these changes will be to your liking (with improved symmetry).  Continued to follow up with your plastic surgeon who will always be your best  resource when it comes to accurate assessment, advice, and/or meaningful reassurance. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with longer-term.