Droopy eyelid - can it be fixed? (photo)

Can this be fixed and what would the price range be?I also feel like I can see better with my eyebrows raised as it opens up fairly big part of my upper eye? I reckon its no where near bad enough to have it covered by insurances.It also gives the face an overall bad look so its quite bothering.

Droopy eyelid- can it be fixed

Hello, and thank you for your question.

As a general rule, droopy eyelids can be treated with either a browlift(if the droop is as a result of a droopy brow) or upper lid lift(known as blepharoplasty, and required if the droop is as a result of droopy eyelids).

Your question and photo discussed 1 eyelid only, so I would need to clarify that both eyelids droop, and that there is nothing that would suggest an Ophthalmologist consultation, checking for a problem that is not caused by excess tissue from either the eyelids or brow.

There are also a number of techniques for browlift, and upper lid blepharoplasties are also affected by looking at the rest of the tissue around the eyes, which I cannot see from your photo.

Sometimes non-surgical cosmetic injections(in Australia we are not allowed to use the names of these products) can be use to 'lift' the outside of a mild droop, but I suspect from the information I have so far, that this would not be sufficient in your case.

So, in order for you to come to a decision about what options would benefit you, I recommend a consultations with a Specialist Plastic Surgeon(that's the qualification we use here in Australia, or Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in the US). A face-to-face consultation is the only way to allow a Surgeon to do a detailed and accurate assessment, and then discuss with you the options available, and where they may benefit you. You can then also talk about your concerns, and wants.

I hope this has been of value for you.

Droopy eye concern

Thank you for your question.  Your options are to either have a brow lift or an upper-lid blepharoplasty. Either will help your concern. Without seeing a picture of your entire face, it is hard to tell which would be of most benefit. Costs vary greatly between these two procedures (brow lift more expensive) and in different parts of the country. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to see what would be best to address your individual concerns. 

Dr. Marcus Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Can droopy eyelid be fixed?

Thank you for your question.  Based on the picture provided, there is some fullness of the upper eyelid.  Upper eyelid fullness (dermatochalasis), can be addressed with blepharoplasty surgery, when indicated.  An in person consultation with an eyelid surgery specialist is required to compare the two eyelids and to ultimately determine the most appropriate treatment options for you.  The price differs among surgeons and geographical regions.  Good luck. 

Paul Nazemi, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon