Why do my breasts look so big? And will they get smaller? (photos)

I had my breast augmentation 8 days ago, and I'm really scared of how big my breasts look. I only got 245cc anatomicals (medium height and medium profile) placed sub muscular. I only wanted to be a full B/ very small C, but I look like a D now. I don't understand how 245cc can make me look so big. I'm 5,45 inches and weigh around 120 lbs. Is it the swelling? And if I'm not happy with the size, is it possible to downsize even though he lowered my crease?

Wait for 3 months

The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and “less natural” in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.

Will they get smaller?

At 8 days you will still have considerable swelling that may take a few months to resolve completely.  You will see a decrease in your breast size over that time period.  Just be patient and give it some time.  

Give it time

Thank you for the question.  You are still early in the recovery stage and this is just due to the initial swelling which should decrease with time. It usually takes about 8-12
weeks for the wounds to heal and around 4-6 months for the implants to fully
settle. It would always be best to visit
your board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full assessment for your
concerns. Best of luck. Dr. Michael
in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess
your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Am I too big?

Take a deep breath and relax!  You are FAR too early in the recovery process to evaluate your result.  The swelling will subside and the implants will slowly drop over the next 3-6 months.  Evaluating the size, shape, and symmetry before that has happened is premature.  You appear to have a very good result which will continue to change during your recovery process.  Good luck!

8 day Post op

You have a great result. Your implants will still drop and settle over the next couple of months, be patient and keep going to your follow-up appotinments. Best Of Luck.

Big breasts after augmentation

I think you are experiencing what a lot of patients go through early on in recovery from breast augmentation. Most women fall into one of two camps.
1) My breasts are too large. This is not what I wanted. (smaller camp)
2) My breasts are too small. This is not what I wanted. (larger camp)
Based on your pictures, I think you have a very nice result and that down the road a few months, you will love your new look.
Be patient.

Joel M. Stewart, Jr., MD
Newnan Plastic Surgeon

Why do my breasts look so big

Take a deep breath.......... it is way too early. It is a big change from where you started but once the swelling goes down and the implants become softer, they will not look that big. It definitely takes minimum of 3 months to see your result and 6-9 months before they become soft and more moveable  (not so stuck on looking ). You have a great result. Hang in there. Time, time, time. Best wishes.

Breast Augmentation

You are very early in your recovery. It takes 3 - 6 months for the breasts to heal, soften and settle into position Be patient and give it some time..I am sure you will be pleased with the results Continue to follow your surgeons instructions and contact him or her with any concerns. Best of luck.

Implant sizing

Thanks for your post. Please do not worry. It is way too early to judge the appearance. You have weeks before you will really appreciate the final look. I think you look excellent for this early stage of healing. I'd recommend following up w/ your surgeon as he/she instructed. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Too soon to judge

It is way to early to tell anything about your final results. It can take anywhere from 3-6 months for your breasts to fully heal and drop/settle into their new position. For now, be good to yourself and let your body heal. Once you hit the three month mark, you can start to make an accurate assessment as to your size. My best, Dr. Sheila Nazarian @drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD