Concerning a breast augmentation and lift in one surgery (Photo)
Doctor Answers 7
Breast lift and augmentation
Breast enhancement post 3 pregnancies
Lift with implants?
Thank you for your question. In determining your preferred size, it's tough to go by cup size alone as it could mean different things to different people. In my practice, chest measurements are first made to get an acceptable range of implants to choose from. This serves as an initial guide. Patients then try on different implant sizers while wearing a bra with a tight t-shirt - by looking in the mirror, patients get a good idea of the size and "look" that they like. I think it's better to focus more on the look that you want, more so than a specific number or cup size. Providing goal photos can also be helpful in communicating your wishes. Based on your photos, it appears that you would benefit from implants with some degree of a lift. Generally, the extent of the lift will depend on how large your implants will be (the larger the implants, the less of the lift). Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!
You might also like...
Lift and implants together
Be sure to onsult with an experienced, Board Certiied Plastic Surgeon in your area.
Dr. Michael Morrissey
Lift, Augmentation or both.
Lift with implant what size?
Without proper physical examination its not right to comment like this however, for a patient like you perhaps I will go for a dual plane dissection under the muscle silicone gel cohesive Grade I Mantor moderate plus breast implant with more dissection and pocket creation in the lower half of breast where I dont see much breast tissue.I will use 7 cm inframammary crease incision.No seperate incsion needs to be used for breast lift.
This calculation normally I do in advance using breast sizers but you can do this by a rice bag test at home.WHich means the rice bags of increasing size are used under the unpadded bra in front of mirror and check the desired shape size and projection.
Lift with or without implants
Patients who goes to a consultation for drooping breasts (ptosis) or volume loss after pregnancy (pseudoptosis) almost always have one very important question. "Can my drooping be corrected with just implants or do I need a lift".
Implants alone will correct drooping when:
- Breast drooping is mild
- The nipple is still near the center breast and does not point downward
- There is some visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
- The patient is okay with being at least a cup size larger
- Breast drooping is moderate or severe
- The nipple is at the bottom of the breast or points downward
- There is no visible skin under the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
- The patient is already a C or D cup breast size and doesn't want to be larger
- The areola is too large and the patient wants it reduced
I use implants in combination with a lift when:
- The patient wants to be larger in addition to being less droopy
- The patient desires to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound
- The drooping is severe..... I recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and also to talk about your goals. Good luck :)
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.