Concerning a breast augmentation and lift in one surgery (Photo)

During my first consultation the Dr found I needed a lift and implants to have the results closely to my shape and size prior to 3 pregnancies, breastfeeding and weight-loss. I am a lean 5.10 and weigh 138 (29yr) I lift semi heavy weights. I have a second consultation planned and would like to go in with some reasonable ideas. What needs to be done? How many cc's should I get in order to have my D cup back? Which incision would b recommend? Thank you in advance

Breast lift and augmentation

I think you will have a great result following a lift and augmentation.  It's tough without seeing you in person to say how many cc's will give you your goal look.  Were you able to try on implants at your first consultation?  You should try and do that at your second if you can.  Also, take a picture of your what your breasts looked like before children and breastfeeding.  Good luck!

Breast enhancement post 3 pregnancies

A breast lift with implants will give you beautiful results, and help you achieve your pre-pregnancy breasts. Without examining you in person I cannot say how many cc's would be needed to get you to the D cup you desire. It is good to have a few consultations so that you can see if all of the surgeons' recommendations are similar and determine which surgeon you feel most comfortable with to do the surgery. I strongly encourage you to make sure the surgeons you consult with are board certified plastic surgeons with expertise in breast lift with augmentations surgeries. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Lift with implants?

Thank you for your question.  In determining your preferred size, it's tough to go by cup size alone as it could mean different things to different people.  In my practice, chest measurements are first made to get an acceptable range of implants to choose from.  This serves as an initial guide.  Patients then try on different implant sizers while wearing a bra with a tight t-shirt - by looking in the mirror, patients get a good idea of the size and "look" that they like.  I think it's better to focus more on the look that you want, more so than a specific number or cup size.  Providing goal photos can also be helpful in communicating your wishes.  Based on your photos, it appears that you would benefit from implants with some degree of a lift.  Generally, the extent of the lift will depend on how large your implants will be (the larger the implants, the less of the lift).  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Lift and implants together

Thank you for your question. My first question would be "have you completed your family"? If yes, then we can focus on getting your pre pregnancy breasts back.  A breast lift with augmentation typically requires a circular incision around the areola and possibly vertically down to the breast crease. Looking at your photos, I suspect the vertical incision would not be necessary. From this "donut" mastopexy approach, the areola can be elevated on the breast and an implant  can be placed to give you back the fullness that was lost. I caution women not to go too large with the implants (>350) at the time of the breast lift for concerns with wound healing complications due to tension on the incision.

Be sure to onsult with an experienced, Board Certiied Plastic Surgeon in your area.

Dr. Michael Morrissey

Lift, Augmentation or both.

If you desire a small increase in cup size I would recommend a lift.  However you are expressing a desire for a significant increase in breast volume therefore I think that an implant alone can give you the desired result.  Your photos suggest some chest wall symmetry with a fairly steep to the axilla.  Because of this I think you are at high risk for implant malposition issues.  I would recommend a prepectoral textured implant in the 500 to 600 range.  If the round globular look is your desire go with round implants, but I would prefer to use  a form stable implant.  regards.

Lift with implant what size?

Hi Jessica,
Without proper physical examination its not right to comment like this however, for a patient like you perhaps I will go for a dual plane dissection under the muscle silicone gel cohesive Grade I Mantor moderate plus breast implant with more dissection and pocket creation in the lower half of breast where I dont see much breast tissue.I will use 7 cm inframammary crease incision.No seperate incsion needs to be used for breast lift.

This calculation normally I do in advance using breast sizers but you can do this by a rice bag test at home.WHich means the rice bags of increasing size are used under the unpadded bra in front of mirror and check the desired shape size and projection.

Lift with or without implants

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift with augmentation such as silicone implants, you will get very nice results, contact a board certified plastic surgeon, I recommend you soft cohesive silicone implants about 350 cc's you will look pretty and they will be perky.

Patients who goes to a consultation for drooping breasts (ptosis) or volume loss after pregnancy (pseudoptosis) almost always have one very important question. "Can my drooping be corrected with just implants or do I need a lift".

Implants alone will correct drooping when:
  1. Breast drooping is mild
  2. The nipple is still near the center breast and does not point downward
  3. There is some visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is okay with being at least a cup size larger
A breast lift (with or without an implant) is better when:
  1. Breast drooping is moderate or severe
  2. The nipple is at the bottom of the breast or points downward
  3. There is no visible skin under the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
  4. The patient is already a C or D cup breast size and doesn't want to be larger
  5. The areola is too large and the patient wants it reduced
I also show the patient photographs of a spectrum of breast scar present after a breast lift in order to check their tolerance for this scar. Most patients are surprised how little the scar shows and are okay with proceeding. If the patient really needs a breast lift, but is concerned about the scars, I will suggest they wait on surgery. In time the breast appearance problems will usually outweigh their concern about the scars.

I use implants in combination with a lift when:
  1. The patient wants to be larger in addition to being less droopy
  2. The patient desires to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound
  3. The drooping is severe..... I recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and also to talk about your goals. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD