I'm 25 year old male. I had a hair transplant of 4000 grafts one month ago; how can I wash my hair? (Photo)

Washing after hair transplantation

During the first 10 days following the hair transplant procedure, you should gently clean the transplanted area with a special shampoo and mousse. Scabs in the recipient area will typically fall off after 10 days and you may resume normal washing after this natural process occurs. 

Istanbul Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.  Most doctors will give you specific instructions on how to wash your hair.  

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Large hair transplant procedure one month ago

An FUE is treated just like a regular hair transplant with regard to the recipient area, but the donor area has open wounds which require daily washing with soap and water. Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair wash after hair transplant surgery

You can wash your hair as usual now since you  have done hair transplant surgery for one month. No need to worry because usully hair grafts were stable 10 days after surgery.

Kwan Jou Chu, MD
Taiwan Hair Restoration Surgeon