4 C-section, tubing litigation. Would a tummy tuck & liposuction tighten up the muscle again?

My upper abdomen seems to be I good shape and in decent condition. My lower segment is where I had all the complications with my 3rd delivery including bladder surgery. It looks deformed. It's a lot of loose skin, my belly button is weird looking. I tried sit ups , planks. Would a tummy tuck and liposuction tighten up the muscle again??

From your description,  it sounds as if you would be a good candidate for an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).  The tummy tuck would remove the lose skin and tighten up the muscles.  The weird look you describe about your belly button, may be do to loose skin in the upper abdomen.  The tummy tuck would make the upper abdomen tight as well.  It's difficult to say if you would benefit from liposuction without any photos.  Make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss all of your concerns.  Best wishes. 

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck help tighten muscles of abdomen

A tummy tuck which in my practice includes tightening of the muscles of the abdomen, and removal of all of the loose skin below the belly button will very likely help you get the shape you want. See a board certified plastic surgeon for the best results.

Morad Tavallali, MD
Vienna Plastic Surgeon

Tightening loose skin and muscles

Thank you for the question. A full tummy tuck is a particularly effective way to tighten your loose abdominal muscles. Liposuction can certainly remove fat but it can't help with loose, hanging skin that often persists after weight loss or childbirth. A full tummy tuck, on the other hand, would allow you to correct muscle separation, excessive skin, and bulging of the upper abdomen.   As always, an in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your needs and obtain a reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck

Having babies is very special but it takes a toll on your body. Not only does it loosen your muscles but it also stretches your skin. you develop stretch marks and you gain fat. Exercising helps but does not restore your body back to normal. 
I invented the  Malibu  tummy tuck. Not only do the patients look good in a bikini and their bellybuttons looks natural . Postoperative pain is minimal and recovery is quicker versus traditional techniques. I've had patients who are driving as early as four days after surgery. 
Please watch the accompanying video. I hope you find this useful.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Thank you for your question.  I think you would most benefit from a full tummy tuck and liposuction of your waist, hips and flanks.  The tummy tuck will tighten your stomach muscles, helping to achieve a flatter appearance, while removing excess skin and adipose tissue.  Liposuction can be used to enhance your tummy tuck results by narrowing your waist and removing isolated areas of diet and exercise resistant fat.  Hope that this helps.

It is difficult to tell whether you are a good candidate without seeing photos and more importantly without a physical examination and complete medical history. It would depend on your anatomical findings, motivation, realistic expectations, and whether you are finished having children.

If a member of my family underwent these procedures, they would be performed by an experienced plastic surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. If you are serious about undergoing these procedures, you should have a thorough consultation with a plastic surgeon having those credentials, who will fully explain what is entailed in the procedures, including both the positives and potential problems. You should be complimented on the fact that you are seeking valid information before jumping into any procedure.   Robert Singer, MD  FACS

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your description, you may be a good candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tummy Tuck and Lipo

Thank you for your question.  Based on your description, you would absolutely benefit from a tummy tuck and possibly lipo of the flanks.  The tummy tuck involves tightening the loose muscles that become separated after each pregnancy.  Also, the extra skin is removed, and the belly button is made to look young again by placing it into a new hole and creating a "hooding" effect of the belly button.  The old lower abdominal scars would typically be removed with the segment of skin removed as part of the tummy tuck.  Practices such as ours will discount the lipo when being combined with a tummy tuck.  I recommend speaking to a board certified plastic surgeon.  All the best,

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Dear Nicole,    Front and side view pictures would have been helpful.  Based on your history and the description  of your abdomen, it sound like you will benefit from full tummy tuck procedure. Liposuction at the same time is not recommended due to the significant increase in severe complications when the 2 procedures are combined. The liposuction can be done later on if necessary. Only 10% of my tummy tuck patients request liposuction, since they are happy with the outcome and the weight loss that occur due to the abdominal muscles tightening that reduce the amount of food that they can eat and their sense of hunger.   You have to realize that not all results are the same, because, experience , skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good and safe outcome. So do your due diligence carefully and choose wisely.   Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of tummy tuck surgery in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with complete flat stomach, low scar and nice belly button.