Can Botox and filler injection be done during pregnancy? Or is it safe to do so?

Botox and Pregnancy

Thank you for your question, no studies have been done and is likely safe. I will not inject patients with Botox while pregnant, I just advise them to wait until after they have the baby and they have something to look forward to.
Consult a professional in your area.

Botox and Fillers During Pregnancy

I tell patients there is likely no issues with doing these treatments in pregnancy, however, i would avoid cosmetic procedures while trying to get pregnant or while pregnant to avoid any issues as there are no studies validating safety.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Injections with pregnancy?

Thanks for your question. Although I cannot imagine a situation with Botox or fillers would complicate a pregnancy or affect the fetus, there are no studies supporting this. Like most physicians, I would recommend waiting for any facial treatments until after your delivery and resume injections when you are done breast feeding if that is your plan. All the best...

Can Botox and filler injection be done during pregnancy? Or is it safe to do so

It has never been studied, and although it is likely safe, I will not inject patients with Botox while pregnant. Fillers I think are safer as they do not go into any area besides where it is placed.

Julio Garcia, MD

Botox and filler during pregnancy

Good question.  My advice is to wait.  Although there are no studies showing that botox and/or fillers cause problems, I would avoid procedure that are not medically necessary during this time.  I wish you good luck.

Botox/Fillers and Pregnancy

Good Afternoon and thank you for your question.  I highly recommend that you wait until after your pregnancy to consider any type of injectable treatment. There have not been any case studies that can show the effects of toxins or fillers on pregnant or breastfeeding women. It is also better to be safe in this case and wait until after delivery. Best of luck to you.

Leonel Calderon, MD
Miami Physician

Botox and Filler During Pregnancy

Can Botox and filler injections be done during pregnancy? The real question should be, "Should Botox and filler injections be done during pregnancy?" The answer to that question is "no." At this time, it is not known what the effects of Botox and fillers are on the fetus or the newborn via breastmilk. In short, the months of enjoyment you'll have from Botox and filler treatments are not worth the potential lifetime of developmental problems for your child that could arise from Botox and fillers in your system during pregnancy and breastfeeding. The Botox and fillers will still be available to you after you deliver and if you so choose, breastfeed, your child. Best of luck!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Botox and pregnancy

Although there is no evidence that Botox or fillers produce any problems during pregnancy, nothing is approved for use during pregnancy and it is best not to have anything done that is not absolutely necessary for your health

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

You are probably going to have a hard time finding an experienced injector willing to offer these services to a pregnant woman. Botox and fillers are contraindicated during pregnancy, mostly due to the fact that there have not been any studies on the possible side effects. It is simply a better safe than sorry.  

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Pregnant-Yes, Botox/Fillers-No

Good Morning Sozi an,Safety of use for Botox and Fillers has not been established while pregnant or breastfeeding and thus is not recommended. Yes there are anecdotal reports of women having had these services not knowing they were pregnant or having gotten pregnant soon after said injections without problems however this does not constitute safety or efficacy. We only use medications during pregnancy/breastfeeding when the benefits to the mother or baby outweigh the potential risks and only with those medications that have been studied to give us the information needed to make these decisions. I personally would not perform these services until after the pregnancy and breastfeeding are completed.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician