How do I know if my swelling after liposuction (I am 1 week post op today) is normal or If I am forming a seroma?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 7
What to do with questions after #liposuction and #plasticsurgery
-Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS
Worried about swelling after liposuction
- I am sorry your doctor is out of town -
- Seromas are unusual but can occur -
- Your surgeon would have another surgeon covering his practice.
- Call your surgeon's office and ask to be directed to the covering surgeon so s/he can check you for a seroma.
- Or ask the office to order an ultrasound of the area - it will show a seroma.
- If your surgeon is not a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon it would be better to see one because seromas, not correctly treatment, may not go away.
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.
You might also like...
Seroma Post Liposuction
If the nurse is not sure either, ask if there is a covering physician who could evaluate.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.