The panties I am wearing cover my C-section scar! Would the incision be made low where it will get rid of my scar? (photo)

Would it be a low incision? How much skin (in inches) between the new belly button and pubic hair line can I expect to have? Also would all the stretch marks above the belly button be removed? The stretch marks are about 1 1/2 inches or 2 inches above my belly button! If not how much more weight would I need to lose to get rid of the stretch marks above my belly button?

The panties I am wearing cover my C-section scar! Would the incision be made low where it will get rid of my scar?

Thank you for your question.  You are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.  The incision would be placed low, typically at or below the prior C-section scar.  This would get rid of most of the stretch mark but you still may have a little bit down by your incision.  Loosing more weight will not necessarily make a difference for that.  I would suggest having a personal consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so that he or she could give you a realistic idea of results.  Good luck.

Tummy Tuck

It's my pleasure to answer your question.

You are a candidate for the tummy tuck surgery and the scar is usually under the c section.

Sincerely,

Dr. Aramis Vega
Plastic Surgeon 

Aramis Vega, MD

Abdominoplasty

It is a great question, and I think you would have a spectacular results from An abdominoplasty. Unfortunately, I do not think that you will be able to remove all of the stretch marks, but the few that are above your belly button right now would now be below it. I think your scar could be placed below your current C-section scar and you would find that it should hide under your panties just  as well. As far as the position of your belly button that can be varied depending upon where you want it. The more youthful bellybutton is slightly higher, after pregnancy they tend to drift downward a little. I would suggest talking to your board-certified plastic surgeon about this.Good luck! 

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty

The stretch marks above your belly button will not be removed, especially with a very low inferior incision line.  However most of the stretch marks will be removed.  Loosing further weight may not improve this.  

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question and photos.  Usually the abdominoplasty incision is placed at the level of your C-section scar and in fact will incorporate and remove it along with the excess skin and fat below your belly button.  Typically all of the stretch marks below your belly button will be removed as part of your tummy tuck.  The stretch marks that are slightly above your belly button will be transferred down to the level of your resulting scar in your pubic region.  Typically, the distance between your belly button and pubic region does not change as the belly button is transposed and brought through a new hole in your abdomen.  These are all excellent questions and you should go over these with your board certified plastic surgeon, so the you have a realistic idea of what to expect postoperatively.

James Shoukas, MD
Lake Mary Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your excellent questions and series of photographs. In most cases the incision placement for a tummy tuck is placed at the level of your old c-section scar or below, with all attempts made to keep it hidden within your panty line.  The distance between your belly button and pubic hair line will not change materially and the majority of your stretch marks below the belly button can be removed.  More difficult to judge through pictures alone is the ability to remove stretch marks above your belly button, as a test to determine your skin laxity is needed.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to have the best treatment recommendations made.  Best wishes!

Tummy tuck questions

Your scar after a tummy tuck should be low and hidden when wearing underwear. The large majority of all of your stretch marks should be removed. Likely a small amount of the stretch marks that are above your belly button will be relocated much lower in your underwear region. Good luck. 

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon