Tummy Tuck, liposuction or CoolSculpting? (Photo)

I'm not happy with my post baby body. I want a flat stomach and a defined waist. I have fat on my hips (the flanks I assume) and really want it to disappear. I had breast augmentation in June and now want to do something about my stomach. I've been exercising petty consistently the last three months. I'm not seeing the results I would like. I'm 5'5 and weigh 150lbs. I'm worried about the recovery time with TT. Could I achieve good results from Lipo or cool-sculpting? Or should I consider TT?

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

After reviewing your photo, I would recommend a tummy tuck combined with liposuction. A full tummy tuck corrects the aftermath of pregnancy:

1.  The separation of the abdominal muscles (diastasis recti) is repaired to reduce the bulge

2.  The loose skin is tightened

3.  Fat deposits can be reduced with liposuction

Liposuction alone would not correct the bulge due to the muscle separation or the loose skin and would, in all likelihood, lead to a disappointing result for you. Generally, a tummy tuck is recommend for women after having their last child.

I would recommend a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best regards, Andrew Lyos MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck Candidate

Hello dear!!

Thanks for the question and provided information as well. 

Based on your pictures I recommend to combine liposuction and tummy tuck. The combination of a liposuction with a traditional tummy tuck has become a very common procedure. It is safe to combine the two procedures mainly to address the hip and flank areas. This is a very effective way to extenuate the contour of the waist along with the abdominoplasty. It is also important to realize that there is usually a limit on how much fat can be remove in a combined procedure.

In general you may be a good tummy tuck and liposuction candidate if:

You are physically healthy and at a stable weight

You have realistic expectations

You are a non-smoker

You are bothered by the appearance of your abdomen.

Also the fat transfer, often called Brazilian butt lift has become extremely popular because it allows your plastic surgeon to transform your entire shape. You improve your waist, hips and of course your buttock.  Tummy tuck surgery is a highly individualized procedure and you should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.

I recommend to book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss the best options for your goals. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Choosing the right abdominal contouring option

The decision of which one of these treatments (cool sculpting, lipo, TT) is best for you will depend on what result you would like to achieve and some of the characteristic of your body.  If you have had multiple children there is a good chance the skin and abdominal wall has changed enough to consider a TT.  Liposuction or CS in these cases may result in loose skin because of the skin changes associated with pregnancy.  I would define what you would like to accomplish and then seek consultation with board certified plastic surgeons who's before and after photos you like and that have good reviews.

Good luck with your abdominal contouring journey.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Lipo

Just from the photos you look like a candidate for lipo,. If your skin is really loose or you have a diastase of the muscles, then perhaps a tummy tuck might be better. you need to be seen in person.

Cool Sculpting, Liposuction, or Tummy tuck?

You need to see a board certified Plastic Surgeon to examine your abdomen and give you options.

When I examine an abdomen, I look to see if you have extra fat?  Loose skin? Muscle Laxity? - based on what we find, we create an operation that solves those problems.  If when you suck your abdomen in, it is flatter, you need your muscles tighten.  This can be done without skin excision with an endoscopic tummy tuck and liposuction.  If not weak - just liposuction looks best for you.

Richard Greco, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction or Coolsculpting

Thank you for your question.  You appear to have very nice skin elasticity without any significant stretch marks.  I believe you would do well with liposuction or Coolsculpting.  Of course, liposuction will provide you with more dramatic results but there is a rather significant down time and recovery time associated with this procedure.  Coolsculpting, on the other hand, will provide less dramatic results without any down time.  It really depends on your goals and whether or not you are able to have the downtime.  I recommend that you consult with one or more before certified plastic surgeons certified by the American board of plastic surgery to further discuss your options.

Liposuction

Hi and thanks for your question.  You may be a candidate for either liposuction or Coolsculpting, and each has its pros and cons.  A visit to a plastic surgeon's office will help you to understand what aesthetic outcomes are realistic with either procedure in your particular case.  In order to get a qualified, ethical, and expert opinion on your surgical options and expectations, always schedule an in-person office consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I'm happy to see you for a free consultation in my New York office.

Keith M. Blechman, MD

New York, NY

Tummy tuck, lipo and BBL

Hi, thanks for sharing your concern and photos with us!

First I want to congratulate you for making this important decision. Deciding to get an aesthetic procedure to change your body and get a new life style is a big step!

Looking at your photos I might say that you´ll be a great candidate to get an entire back, waist and flanks liposuction, with BBL, and tummy tuck, this is because all the extra skin located in this areas plus your abdominal muscle needs to be repaired.

Before all this, of course, you need to get a complete medical evaluation and laboratory exams to check everything is fine. Also please try to find a board certified plastic surgeon, remember that your safety, always, is going to be first.

Have a great day!

Dr. JPG

Jean Paul Giudicelli Saba, MD

Tummy Tuck, liposuction or CoolSculpting?

Based on your pictures, I think that your best results will be with a tummy tuck and liposuction to define your waist. Liposuction or CoolSculpting alone will not address all of your issues.

Thank you for the question.  Based on your history, photograph, and stated goals, you will likely be best off undergoing tummy tuck surgery.

Generally, the tummy tuck operation involves removal of excess skin/adipose tissue of the lower abdominal wall and re approximation of the abdominal wall muscles that may have spread with pregnancies and/or weight gain/loss. Liposuctioning is often used as a tool during the procedure.

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

Liposuction surgery, on the other hand, refers to an operation that essentially suctions out adipose tissue. The operation does not involve any skin removal or re approximation of abdominal wall muscles. The best candidates for liposuction surgery of the abdominal wall are patients with good quality skin elasticity and a moderate degree of diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue superficial to the abdominal wall muscle layer. Patients who are significantly overweight, have significant abdominal wall laxity, and/or have lost a significant amount of skin elasticity are not generally good candidates.

My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping you achieve the type of outcome you will be pleased with.