How much of the stretch marks would be able to removed? (Photo)

All of my stretch marks are below the belly button

Stretch marks removal

Hello.Thank you so much for your question. Although evaluating your photo does not replace a physical exam and I strongly recommend you follow up with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine your best course of care, I believe most of your stretch marks can be removed. An in person examination is truly needed to evaluate your skin laxity and discuss your surgical options to make this rough estimate more definitive. Usually with an abominoplasty (tummy tuck) majority of skin laxity and stretch marks can be removed – and even if there is a small amount remaining, your contour and flat stomach look so remarkable that patients do not even mind the small amount of remaining stretch marks. I encourage you to seek an in person evaluation and wish you luck!

Thank you for your question .

About 60-80% of your stretch marks will be removed.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

How much of the stretch marks would be able to removed?

Usually, the stretchmarks below the belly button can be removed.  A tummy tuck (with muscle repair) with liposuction of the flanks would provide for an excellent result.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

The lower stretch marks will be removed with a tummy tuck and the upper ones brought to a lower position where they will be less obvious. While there are many nonsurgical procedures that are claimed to get rid of stretch marks, most ethical knowledgeable plastic surgeons will tell you that they have limited if any benefit, are unreliable, and not a satisfactory option in your particular situation.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on a limited photo and without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla,California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

My over the internet guess would be unto 80% with full Tummy Tuck operation. Best to eek in person opinions. 

Stretch Marks and Tummy Tuck

It is not possible to say exactly how many of the stretch marks can be removed until the surgery is performed and the amount of loose skin is determined.  What we can say is that the lower down on your tummy the stretch marks are located the more likely they are to be removed with the procedure.  The looser the skin is on the upper abdomen the lower we can pull your lower abdomen and the more stretch marks will be removed.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Stretch marks

It's hard to tell whether "all" or "most" of your stretch marks would go away, based only on a photo.  This depends on the mobility of the upper abdominal skin - which would take an in-person physical exam to determine.

Best to see a local board-certified surgeon to help you sort this out.

How much of the stretch marks can be removed

Hello and thank you for your question.
It is very difficult to say much by your picture alone. If you are a candidate for a tummy tuck the. Most of your stretch marks could be removed. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

Stretch marks

You seem long- waisted in the photo. I'm not sure you have enough upper abdominal skin to be able to put the scar below the garment your wearing in the photo. Your scar would have to higher.

Edward S. Gronka, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

Stretch marks removed with an abdominoplasty

You appear to be an excellent candidate for an abdominoplasty and you should get a nice result.  Typically the ellipse of skin that is removed during the procedure will remove the central stretch marks below your umbilicus.