What can be done non surgically about my nostrils? (photos)

I do not like how much the inside of my nose can be seen. I do not want to have a rhinoplasty because everyone on my mothers side have this same nose, most just do not have the nostril problem like I do... This is the only thing that bothers me. I have seen four doctors and all say that surgery is the only option. I just want to make sure that this is true and surgery really is the only option. Thank you!

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty vs Surgical Rhinoplasty

Nonsurgical can certainly help to build and straighten the bridge of your nose. It is great for adding volume and augmenting the bridge because of the firm bone and cartilage to support the filler, as well as the thin skin overlying it.

However, the skin over the tip is often too thick to allow for significant reshaping using filler alone. Reducing nostril show is most safely and effectively addressed with surgical rhinoplasty.

Non-surgical options for nostrils

Thanks for your question and including the photos. As noted by the surgeons who have already commented, if this is a major concern for you, surgery is your best option here. There are non-surgical options for treating noses, but not in this case.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Surgical rhinoplasty for hanging columella

In our practice, we do not recommend nonsurgical rhinoplasty due to the fact that it will make the nose bigger, wider, and taller on a temporary basis, is not FDA approved for that application, and can have significant complications. A columella-plasty can accomplish reduction of the hanging columella  And de-rotation of the tip. For many examples, please see the link and the video below

In many instances, microdroplet Silikon-1000 injections may be considered for non-surgical nostril lowering.

Depending on your examination, microdroplet Silikon-1000 may be considered for subtle nostril lowering. Procedures may be performed with topical anesthetic, and there is no downtime. Silikon-1000 is an off-label filler for permanent results that may be well-suited for non-surgical rhinoplastic procedures.

Thank you.

Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Visible Hanging Columella

There is NO nonsurgical way in which the partition between the nostrils, the columella, can be pushed in. A "Hanging Columella, requires a vertical scar along its posterior murdin with removal of enough skin on both sides to pull it more inside your nose.
This does not alter anything else about your nose.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. It appears from the picture you have a hanging columella. The best way to correct this would be with a surgical procedure.

Best wishes

Theodore Nyame MD

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician