Splitting incision after TT, will this close on it's own? (photos)

Will these close on their own? I noticed them about 4 days ago. My PS said put Neosporin on them and keep them covered and that they should heal just fine..

Splitting Incision After TT

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen . It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard , Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace.  On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.

If the incision is splitting there is always a chance of infection and that it will not close on its own. The best thing would be to visit your surgeon to have the area checked to make sure that it does not need to be re-stitched. Good luck.

4 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. I recommend you to maintain your wound dry and clean. 
At this point (4 days post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Incision Concern

Thank you for the question

I am sure it will be closed by its own but take the correct care on it and be attentive to any changes in color or swelling.

Regards....

Disnalda Matos, MD

Incision care

Thanks for your question. Yes, this does not look too significant and should heal on its own just fine. Gentle care around the incision is the best, and let your surgeon know ASAP if you develop signs of infection (redness, drainage, swelling, new pain, fevers, etc.). Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck incision opening

Hi,

We see this type of reaction/healing issue many times.  Your PS is totally correct that this will close by itself...understanding that you cannot understand how.  The body heals wounds amazingly.  Stay close to your doctor and he/she will take you through the weeks and months.  If there is a wound issue such as a suture/infection, then you will be guided through the process of wound healing.

Good luck to you.