Nose Surgery With a Rib Cartilage? (photos)

I've done my nose surgery about 8 times because I couldn't breathe, before my last surgery the doctor used PDS material but my nose didn't get it and threw all cartilages and this PDS from my nose, then thd doctor decided to use my own rib cartilage , it's already 4 weeks after the last rhinoplasy , but my nose has very strange shape, the tip is very small, one nostril is very big snd the other is too nerrow, my nose is deviated to the left side, I feel very nervous.

Tough Case

With eight surgeries, swelling is going to take longer. Keep your appointments and discuss your concerns with your doctor. Things often shift and settle. It will take 12-18 months before you will be able to evaluate.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with only 1 month after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

REVISION RHINOPLASTY CONCERNS

Dear  Natuka1991, I would suggest requesting a copy of your pre-operative photographs and your operative report and seek some secondary opinions with some expert surgeons to discuss your very obvious concerns. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty

Hi,

Thank you for including your photos. You have had multiple nasals surgeries and this can account for the nostril asymmetry. It is early in your post operative period and after multiple revisions in my experience the swelling takes longer to subside.  Rib cartilage is often used for revision rhinoplasty, however it does have a risk of warping which may cause some dorsal asymmetry as well. Be patient and visit with your rhinoplasty surgeon to ask questions. Thank you for posting your question!

Gina Chu, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

4 weeks after rhinoplasty

It is hard to say so early on what is happening with your nose.  like you said, it is very early in the process.  not only that, but you have also had many previous surgeries - after each subsequent surgery it prolongs the healing process as there is underlying scar tissue.  Do not despair - you already know how long it can take to heal from nose surgery.  Have confidence in the doctor that you picked, and most of all, when in doubt feel free to ask him any questions you may have! I'm sure that they would be more than happy to answer any questions and help guide you along the way.  Best of luck. 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Appears the rib has dislodged or mis sharpened already. Sorry but best to find a very experienced nasal reconstructive surgeon to offer you another try.