Should i loose weight before a BBL with liposuction? If not is it possible to achieve it afterwards?

Hi, I'm looking to have a BBL with lipo. I'm about 20-25 pounds over my maintained weight. I don't look it because im tall. I don't prefer to be this heavy, but if i start back working out i'm afraid i want have enough fat. Will my weight go down a little afterwards? All i plan on doing is toning. Or will the toning alone will help my weight go down?

Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question. When planning a Brazilian butt lift, patients can look forward to a double benefit: reducing areas of unwanted fat while gaining a perkier, rounded posterior.  Each procedure must be planned according to the individual needs of patients, harvesting fat from target areas of the torso, thighs or knees and transferring it to create smooth, attractive contours optimized for each person. We advise patients to have a healthy lifestyle with diet and exercise prior to Brazilian Butt Lift. The closer you are to your ideal weight before surgery the better your result will be. The most important thing is to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure

BBL Weight Loss

Please provide photos for an initial opinion.  Recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in aesthetic surgery so that the two of you can discuss the options for the outcomes you are seeking.Kenneth B. Hughes, MDBoard Certified Plastic SurgeonLos Angeles, CA

You would have to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.  Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Should i loose weight before a BBL with liposuction? = if BMI high, yes! #BBL #brazilianbuttlift #fattransfertobutt

Liposuction is a elective cosmetic plastic surgery procedure to reshape the body, not to loose weight. Therefore, in order to have a great result, patients should have am mild to moderate overweight, but not severe or being obese. The best way to determine if weight is appropriate, it is to know the BMI ( Body Mass Index). BMI is a relation of the weight for the height. for a BBL and liposuction, BMI should ideally be bellow 29. BMI can be easily calculated with an online calculator by just searching in google: "BMI calculator". These are the BMI Categories: 
  • Underweight =

John Mesa, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon