I am a post bariatric patient. 18 months post op. I am looking into having plastics, but need guidance on what I need (Photo)

What procedures should I get done first? I know I need lifts but not sure of what kind I will need for my first round and second round.

Body lifting after massive weight loss

Thank you for asking about your body lifting.
  • Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • If you have reached your goal weight,now is the time to plan  surgery.
  • Have the surgery in 6 months to be sure your weight is stable.
  • Your photos suggest that you need work done on your tummy, back, breasts and arms.
  • Start with the area that bothers you most
  • Usually this is the lower body which looks very troublesome in the photos. 
  • I think you need a 360 body lift - your loose skin goes around the back so an abdominoplasty won't do enough.
  • So one good approach is Step 1, the lower body lift and time permitting, an upper back lift.
  • Step 2, Extended breast lift and arm lift.
  • This is a suggestion - at the time of the consultation, you and your surgeon will make the final plan.
  • Since you are in Georgia, I would be honored to see you in consultation and to be your surgeon, if you decide I the right surgeon for you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Post massive weight loss body contouring

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. I specialize in post massive weight loss body contouring. I would suggest that you first get a lower body lift which in my hands includes : 1. A full tummy tuck. 2. A mons lift. 3. A strong lateral thigh lift. 4. A buttock lift. 5. Auto augmentation of the buttocks and hips. The hip flap is designed to help increase or maintain your hip / waist ratio. With that I would also do either your arms or breasts. At a second surgery not less than 3 months later I would suggest doing the arms or breasts whichever was not done at the first surgery, with a bra line lift and if necessary a thigh lift. Seek out a ps who specializes in post massive weight loss body contouring. Peter Fisher M.D.

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Body lifting after massive weight loss

Congrats on your weight loss. I see 4 major areas that need lifting, Your abdomen, breasts, upper arms and back. If you were my patient I would probably recommend the tummy tuck and breast lift in the first procedure. The arm lift [brachioplasty] and the back lift [thoracoplasty] in the second. If you have loose medial thigh skin this lift could be added in with the second procedure. See a plastic surgeon who does a lot of body lifts. Good luck.

Post massive weight loss, reconstructive surgery, lower body lift, upper arm lift , brachioplasty

Thank you for your email. You need to stabilise your weight for atleast for 6 months before embarking upon any surgery. 1. Looking at your photos you may wish to consider lower body lift / Abdominoplasty 2. Upper arm reduction / brachioplasty.These operations can be done in any order and in fact can be performed as a combined procedure. You will discuss in detail with your surgeon these aspects. I can not suggest you any further as I do not have the photos of your face or breasts. With best wishes,

Shailesh Vadodaria, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Post-bariatric plastic surgery

Congratulations on your weight loss. Has your weight loss been stable for 9-12 months or are you still losing weight? Are you happy with your weight and don't plan on losing anymore? You need to ask yourself these two questions before seeking plastic surgery consultation. In regards to where to start, this is a question of what bothers YOU most, there is no "order" that needs to be followed. Good luck with surgery.

Surgery after weight loss

congratulations. You have had a tremendous result after your weight loss surgery. Most of my patients opt to have their breasts and abdomen addressed first and then their arms and thighs. I encourage patients to focus on what bothers them the most first and second as the first surgery and then go from there. Seek mutliple opinions and find a surgeon you trust. Best wishes to you.

After Weight Loss procedures: which first

Congratulations for the wonderful decision of losing weight permanently. You are a great candidate for a Lower Body Lift which is a Circumferential Tummy Tuck to improve abdomen and also to lift the buttocks. In my opinion these procedures should be first.Then you may continue with breast lift and arm Lift.You have to know that AWL patients have the tendency to develop some degree of anemia, so SAFETY will be the decision making reason. Be encouraged!!! You have started a wonderful journey.Dr. Cardenas