I would like to be a full C cup. I am now a 36C. Do I need a lift and would a small implant would achieve a fuller C? (Photos)

I would like to be a full C cup. I am now a 36C. I do not want a bigger cup size. I was wondering if a small implant would achieve a fuller c. Can tear drop implants achieve a fuller cup without lift? Do I need a breast lift? If yes, can it be a circumareolar lift as a second procedure after ba? Can I get a small implant to just increase volume with no lift?

I would like to be a full C cup. I am now a 36C. Do I need a lift and would a small implant would achieve a fuller C?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..

The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

I would like to be a full C cup. I am now a 36C. Do I need a lift and would a small implant would achieve a fuller C

An implant alone I believe will make you fuller but essentially unchanged in appearance. I think a tear drop implant will not give you much upper pole fullness and only make the breast tissue you have in a lower position larger. I think for the best  looking result that a lift will be required and the circumareolar lift alone will not do the trick. 

Julio Garcia, MD

Lift?

You need a lift. Implants would help support/fill the upper pole if used as well. See a surgeon for an in-person consultation/examination to better define your options.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Breast Lift Alone or with Implant

To answer your question I need to know whether your breasts are what you desire when they are in an unpadded bra. If they are, since you desire a "C" cup and that is what you are wearing, then all you need is a lift since your nipples are significantly depressed. If, however, if you think your breasts need even more volume, then you also need an implant. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in both.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant with lift

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast lift with an implant.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast lift and implant

Your nipples are well below your breast fold so you need a lift if you are going to change your breast size or shape. To get your nipples up onto the center of your new breast mound you will need more than a circumaereolar lift, probably a lollipop or lollipop plus a small crease scar. You can certainly add an implant with the lift to give you the exact volume you wish.An implant alone would give you slightly larger sagging breasts that I think you would be very unhappy with and I would not do as a surgeon. Pick a surgeon who does a lot of this and I think you could have a great result. Good luck.

Fat transfer instead of mplant

An in person consultation is necessary to accurately assess your situation but you may be a good candidate for fat transfer instead of an implant. Fat transfer involves liposuction of excess fat from unwanted areas and transfer to the breasts. At least partial correction of your asymmetry can be accomplished as well. An actual consult with your plastic surgeon is necessary but this is just an option to consider.

Joel Aronowitz, MD