I had BA 5 weeks ago and I'm concerned since my left breast has not dropped like the right. Could I have capsular contracture?

Preoperative I was 36 A but had mild tuberous breast. Left breast almost no breast tissue very flat.surgeon used 375 cc on right and 475cc on left silicone moderate plus

It is still early in recovery. It makes sense that the larger implant would take more time to drop. Ask your plastic surgeon about breast implant displacement exercises and possibly a Bando

I had BA 5 weeks ago

At this point you are early in the healing process. Your implants will continue to settle and soften with time. Follow up with your surgeon as directed.

Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation/ Cohesive Gel Implants / Silicone Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Not early capsular contracture

Although photographs comparing your preoperative and postoperative state would be helpful, from the history you've given I can tell you what I think. With a of tuberous type breast, usually the skin envelope especially at the bottom is very tight and will be released during surgery. Despite that, it may take a very long time, meaning many months, for this distance from the bottom of the areola to the new crease to adequately stretch. Talk to your plastic surgeon about the use of bras and massage, as all of us have different thoughts on this. Be patient, the best is yet to come. Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS