3rd Degree Burn Scar, is there any way to fix this? (photo)

hello, i burnt my hand with hot water 18 years ago, now this is my burn scar.3 years ago this scar was better looking there was nothing in center, but after 3-4 years in center it's like scars(dead skins) are merging and it's very bad looking, is there any way to stop this? Thank you

Doctor Answers 1

Burn Scar Solution

A combination approach will help. Fractional nonablative lasers can give you improvement with a series of treatments, along with microneedling/prp and proper skin care to improve complexion and prevent hyperpigmentation.  I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist who is a specialist in skin care, lasers, and scars.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.