Candidate for tummy tuck? (Photo)

Okay guys, I've lost quite a bit of weight as well as having 2 kids. I've stretched out my stomach and its bad. No matter how much weight I lose the stomach won't budge. I live in GA and I'm looking into finding a great plastic surgeon but I wanted opinions as to if I would be a candidate! Help!!

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

Congratulations on your weight loss!

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Weight and surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.

Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30.
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Candidate for tummy tuck?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Congratulations on your weight loss thus far.  Generally speaking, it is always best to achieve long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with  body contouring surgery. Doing so, will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently.

In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively.  As you know, recruiting other professionals such as personal trainers, nutritionists, physicians who specialize in weight loss concerns etc. may be helpful to you. Whether or not combination surgery should be performed (or whether the procedures should be staged) will depend on many factors, especially safety considerations. Seeking consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will  be your next/best step.

Candidate for tummy tuck?

If you have reached a safe weight and are healthy, I think that tummy tuck could dramatically improve your physique.

Healthy BMI

If you can get your weight as low as possible the risks of healing from a tummy tuck will go down significantly. You would need to be down to a healthy weight and BMI before having a cosmetic procedure to insure a safe outcome. Also, being at a stable weight is key to ensure you don't gain weight back after surgery. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Fancisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #mommymakeover #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for tummy tuck?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on your recent weight loss.  I think you will be an excellent extended tummy tuck and liposuction candidate but would first recommend following your healthy diet and exercise regimen until you reach your desired goal weight. This weight should be one where you are comfortable at, and can maintain, as weight fluctuations will affect your long-term results.  Any weight loss before surgery will not only be in your best interest from a safety point of view, but also in obtaining the best cosmetic results.  Hope this helps.

Tummy Tuck Candidate

Congratulations on your recent weight loss! We recommend patients are at a BMI less than 30 in order to be considered for a tummy tuck. Typically when your BMI is less than 30, your surgical result will be optimal. Good luck!

John S. Lee, MD

Tummy Tuck with liposuction

After looking at your pictures it looks like you would be a good candidate for extended tummy tuck with liposuction in the surrounding areas for contouring. It is best to be at stable healthy weight before doing this type of surgery. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. 

Candidate for Tummy Tuck

Hello and thank you for your question.  From your photographs it appears that you could be a good candidate for an abdominoplasty.  Please keep in mind that the best results and greatest safety are achieved when a patient is at their best, ideal body weight.

Tummy tuck options

Thank you for the question and photos.  I think you could get a great improvement with an extended tummy tuck and liposuction of the sides of the waist.  Although additional weight loss would be great a plus size extended tummy tuck can be performed and a substantial improvement can be achieved.  Some plastic surgeons may prefer to have you get down to a more ideal weight while others will be ok with your current weight.  There is no wrong or right decision just a preference on the part of the plastic surgeon.   Have a look at the before and after photo link below as an example of a plus size tummy tuck.

Good luck with your tummy tuck journey.

Remus Repta, MD