Is there an alternative to general anesthesia for surgeries?

a few months back, i went in to have a breast reduction and i woke up in intensive care with tubes down my throat and no breast reduction. doctor says i had an allergic response to either the anceph or zemuron used when administering anesthesia. thing is, this wasn't my first surgery nor the first time ive had general anesthesia so im confused on how this could happen. i want to have a tummy tuck done but dont want to die doing it. is there an alternative for me?

No General Anesthesia

I have seen, but not very often, tummy tuck's being done with an epidural block and IV sedation. I would consult with your plastic surgeon and maybe see the anesthesiologist prior to scheduling your surgery. Good luck.