9 month and 2 weeks after hair transplant. (photo)

Hi, i burnt my head with hot water 17 years ago. i had hair transplant in this area almost 10 month ago. it was 1400 grafts. 1) is it enough grafts to cover the skin with hair on this area? 2) or should i just wait more to get better results (burnt area was the area you are seeing without hair on this photo ) ? i'll wait your answers. thank you

Transplanting into scar

It would be great if you could post a before photo that better depicts the recipient area/ scarring.  A second procedure may likely be necessary to increase the density.  In your case, I would give it the full 12 months to see if there is more robust growth before embarking into a second procedure.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is best to follow up with your doctor. If you want another procedure to add density then that would be a

It is best to first follow up with your doctor.  If you want another procedure to add density then that would be a reasonable request.  

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplant into burn scar with poor growth

You had a hair transplant into burn scar with poor growth. I would have to examine you to understand the skin that the transplant was put into. Was this a split or full thickness graft? You need to see an expert for more information so get a second opinion if your doctor does not give you a straight answer. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Transplanting into scar tissue

At 10 months you may get a bit more growth, perhaps maybe 10-15% more.  Although the success of transplanted growth in scar tissue is typically lower, it appears you have good growth.  If you'd like to increase the density, you can consider a second procedure.  Most patients wait until 1 year post op to make that call. 

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon