14 weeks post op from tummy tuck - 36 year old female
Doctor Answers 4
Fluid retention or weight gain
14 weeks post op, some advices:
At this point (14 weeks post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-
Tummy tuck 14 weeks ago - why the weight gain?
- If you ate well but gained 5-7 pounds over a weekend, it is fluid not fat.
- Our bodies can swell a lot with exercise after surgery -
- Especially in the hot, humid Georgia summer.
- Keep eating well and exercising but see if less running is the answer.
- Sometimes the impact of running is too much for the body this early after surgery.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.