Does this look like an infection? (photos)

7 weeks out.. trying to get answers.. right breast only affected 350cc above muscle.. with loft and fat injections. Capsular contracture.. maybe fluid and acute infection? Been to 4 emergencies.. plastic surgeon said not infected blood work ups normal.. chills and night sweats associated with shakes. Very painful... no one will help.. don't want to get involved .. telling me to go back to original surgeon. For 3rd op.. don't feel comfortable. Need help. Answers....

Breast Augmentation Complication

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you are having. The right breast does appear larger/swollen. You may have a collection of fluid/blood inside which could be seen with a breast ultrasound. Your primary care doctor, plastic Surgeon or ER Dr could order one for you.

All the best

Revision Operation

A smaller size of implants should be placed under the muscle or subfascial plane.

The NAC (Nipple Areolar Complex) position should be a little bit higher.Therefore you need an elevation NAC.

Normally the inframammary fold distance of the nipple should be 6-7 cm but yours I guess is 8-9 cm.

A revision surgery will be necessary at least 3 month later for you.

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Needs attention

From what I can discern from your photographs, it appears the right breast is larger than the left. At seven weeks out it's too early for  Capsular contracture. With normal blood work, the more likely scenario is a sterile seroma which is a fluid collection around the breast implant. For my patients, a simple in office ultrasound can readily identify a seroma and make it quite simple to remove it with a blunt cannula so as to not damage the implant. This fluid could then be sent for culture to have appropriate antibiotics given. The emergency room will not have this level of sophistication and you will need to be seen by an experienced plastic surgeon, preferably yours, to make this diagnosis. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast problems

there is clearly something unusual going on with your right breast, but it doesn't seem infected.  You may have a seroma forming.  Have you had an ultrasound to see if there is a fluid collection in there?

Martin Jugenburg, MD