I am considering a mid face lift with in the next year. When should I start consulting with board certified doctors?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 23
Before the consultation process, there is much you can do to help you find the best plastic surgeon for you
1) Look at many, many before and after images of facelifts performed by doctors you are interested in
2) Check the training of plastic surgeons
3) Learn about their philosophy about surgery - this can usually be found on their website
4) Learn about the facility where surgery will be performed
5) Check into the surgical team and be certain that an MD anesthesiologist will be providing anesthesia care
6) Get to know the pre-operative and post-operative team that will work with your plastic surgeon
Schedule surgery only when you have a found a plastic surgeon that you rust with your health and well being, and someone you trust to make a permanent change in your appearance.
The right plastic surgeon for you will meet all your criteria, and will listen to you and understand your goals.
Interviewing doctors for facelift can be done at any time.
Time to start consultation with plastic surgeons.
I do not think a year is too early to begin getting consultations.
I often see patients a year before they want to have surgery -
It allows us to develop a plan so they know what to expect when they return, closer to the time of surgery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
I hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.
You might also like...
The sooner you start consulting, the better.
Do you need a mid-face lift?
"Mid- Facelift" Consultation
Consultation process for mid face lift
There is no definitive answer to your question. Factors include the number of qualified board certified plastic surgeons in your area (and how far out they are scheduled), the amount of time that you need to set your schedule (possibly to ask time off from work), and if will need to arrange for care of a loved one while you are healing. For some patients, that answer is 30 days and for others 6 to 9 months.
Considering a mid-facelift
1. Begin with a board certified plastic surgeon and visit several offices
2. Seek a surgeon who does at least 100 facelifts per year
3. Internet discussions don't replace the advice of your physician
4. Have your surgery performed in a AAAASF certified facility so that you are in a safe environment
5. Consider a board certified anesthesiologist for the sedation or general anesthesia
6. Computer imaging can improve understanding the target result and assist in the discussion with your surgeon
7. Have your surgeon take his time to use sutures instead of staples for the closure
8. Be sure that you have an excellent caregiver to assist you in the recovery
9. A ice water circulated Cool Mask makes the job easier for the care
Lots of consultations are key
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.