Did I break sutures to my tummy tuck?

I had a tummy tuck 23 years ago. Lately i have had bruising on the hip bone area whenever i wear tight clothing. When i recently had extreme bloating due to diet change i experienced pain and slight bruising on the sides, sternum area, and hip bone. It feels like a muscle pull. Did i pull the sutures?

Tummy tuck and 23 years later

At 23 years after a tummy tuck, I highly doubt that the recent bruising has anything to do with your tummy tuck.

Did I break sutures to my tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question. Without pictures can not comment. It is unlikely you break sutures after 23 years. Please talk to a board certified PS for evaluation.

Did I break sutures to my tummy tuck?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Without a full series of pictures it is difficult to render a definite opinion but after 23 years it is unlikely that your sutures were maintaining your stomach appearance as your own tissues would have healed.  If you have seen a physical change in your appearance, it would be best to see your plastic surgeon for an in-person evaluation.  

Tummy Tuck 23 Years ago

If you note visible, concerning changes it is best to be seen by your Primary care physician. They may order an ultrasound. It is unlikely that you are experiencing anything related to your previous Tummy Tuck.

All the best

Did my suture break?

Thanks for your inquiry, I suggest you be seen by your primary care doctor first who may refer you to a local plastic surgeon. Good Luck.