Are Botox injections into the axillaries for hyperhydrosis performed safely under anesthesia while have a TT, lipo, and a BBL?

I have an upcoming surgery for a round 2 BBL, TT, and liposculpture. I have also asked to include Botox injections for my hyperhydrosis, and was told it can be done safely while doing the other procedures. I'd like some input on these from other doctors, because during my round 1 BBL, I was told that I could not have the Botox under anesthesia, and I'd have to do it the day before or after. I can't see myself getting so many injections into my axillaries awake, can this be done together? Thanks!

Botox for hyperhidrosis

Botox to treat excessive sweating is a wonderful treatment.  There would be no medical reason why you couldn't have it while you are under general anesthesia.   

Botox

The botox can certainly be injected at the same time as your other procedures.  Best of luck with your surgery.

Axillary Botox under anesthesia

Without question Botox can be administered under anesthesia especially in the axillary region. Here we are looking to address the sweat glands rather than facial muscles where for some observing the active muscle function at the time of injection may be helpful. This latter situation may be why some less experienced injectors say Botox should not be administered under anesthesia. 

Paul Buhrer, MD
Annapolis Plastic Surgeon

Axillary hyperhidrosis injections while under anesthesia?

It is perfectly safe to do under anesthesia. It is actually quite comfortable though. I have invented a way to do it that takes 45 secs per underarm - See Link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox under anesthesia

There is no reason why Botox can't be performed while you are under general anesthesia. They will want to mark the area that they are going to treat prior to you going into the operating room, but the injections can be safely performed while you are asleep.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox while under anesthesia

Thank you for your question FutureBaezBarbie87. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expressions. It can also be used in other areas such as the underarms, palms, and soles to treat excessive sweating. If my patient were to ask me this question I would find no reason why the Botox cannot be done while under anesthesia for a surgery. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox under anesthesia

If the botox were on the face i would want to do it with you awake because I like my patients to demonstrate their active wrinkle for me. Under the arms, and away from the actual surgical site I think botox for hyperhidrosis would be ok.  I would be inclined to do it last after the TT/BBL are completed.

There are no rules here, it is really about the comfort level of your PS.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Botox Under General Anesthesia

Thanks for your question!  There is no reason why you can't receive Botox injections for hyperhydrosis while under general anesthesia.  Best of luck!

Are Botox injections into the axillaries for hyperhydrosis performed safely under anesthesia while have a TT, lipo, and a BBL

The only reason why not to do it at the same time is that the anesthesiologist as well as the operating room will be charging the surgeon based on time. Although the Botox will not take long to inject into your axilla, it will take time and either he will charge you more to do it in the same setting or he will accept that he will pay for anesthesia and operating room fees out of his pocket in order to perform it 

Julio Garcia, MD