Can you work out after Botox?

Feel Free To Workout One Day After Botox

Any cosmetic procedure that involves injections puts a little stress on the body. Give yourself a break and wait a day before working out, as long as you feel good and any bruising/swelling have subsided. Be sure to consult with a board-certified dermatologist to see if you're a candidate for Botox.

Working after Botox

In my opinion you should take at least 24 hours off of work after Botox. Also no rubbing of the area(s) that were treated, as this may cause the Botox to spread into different areas. Also please consult the injector that treated you for their opinion. Thank you for your question. 

Work out after Botox

Hello, I usually recommend to skip work-put for the rest of the day when i injected the Botox. You can resume exercises on the following day. hope this helps and should really be part of the post-injection instructions uyou gt.

Vartan Mardirossian, MD
Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. We recommend for our patients to avoid strenuous activity for 24 hours after treatment. I would ask your injector for specific post care instructions. Hope this helps. Best wishes. 

Leonard Lu, MD

Exercising after Botox Treatment

Thank you for question. I always recommend not working out 24 hours after treatment. Also, you should avoid lying down or rubbing your face for up to 4 hours after injection. This prevents the Botox from spreading. It is always best to check with you treating physician as post procedure restrictions can vary. 

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Exercise after Botox

I typically recommend avoiding Yoga or any type of strenuous exercise for 4 hours after treatment. This will minimize risk for increase in blood pressure, therefore reducing risk of temporary bruising. 

Javad Sajan, MD

Javad Sajan, MD
Seattle Physician

Exercise after Botox

In my office, I ask that patients avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours. While this is likely overkill, I prefer that they follow this guideline to maximize their results.

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician

Working out after Botox

There is no official right or wrong answer to this question. Most doctors have an opinion based on our own experience. I have injected Botox into spasming eyelid muscles for decades. These people can't stop 'working out' these muscles as they have no control over the spasms. Botox works just fine in them. Based on this experience, I don't think working out has any effect on Botox.

Daniel Lensink, MD
Redding Oculoplastic Surgeon

When to Workout, When to Wait with Botox

Some Dr's have no restrictions and others will recommend waiting up to 24 hours after your injection to workout. I recommend speaking to your Dr. about their protocols. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Working out after Botox?

Thank you for your question. If you were my patient, I would recommend you do not workout for 24 hours after injection. I also recommend you do not lay down for 4 hours after injection.